Lightning

New lightning PCV Valve Kit Looks Good

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure can, it's made up of (2) Items

(1) 1" Female x Female Brass Spring Loaded Check Valve
(1) 1" x Close Brass Nipple

Any Plumbing Supply would have those two pieces, (thats where I got mine)
but my local Home Depot happens to have the identical two pieces

A spring loaded check valve only allows flow "1 way"
(of course you point the arrow out of the motor and Breather)

It so happens that when you remove the stock Oil Fill Cap, a 1" Brass Nipple will screw right into the valve cover. Then you screw the Check Valve on the Nipple, the Breather on the Check Valve, and "Wa La" your done.......
And it screws right off and on any time you need to add oil

The end result is the pressure gets released, but no un-metered air comes in.
Let me look around for some old pic's.......
ah there's one
Looks like this when it's not painted

Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Here's mine. I modified the rpmoutlet unit as it was a flimsy POS. I need to pull it off when it warms up and respray it as the texture spray didnt work very well the first time so it kind of looks like ****. I cut the RPM unit up and mounted it to a stock oil fill cap then rerouted the lines.

Old 04-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Silver_2000
Its a post from 2003 - try the vendor name in the picture - see if they still exist

here you go

http://lightning-enterprise.com/pcv.html
I just ordered on. I hope I don't get ripped off. I am sure I won't 'cause you guys seem to have had good luck with them.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 PM
If Lightning Enterprise is still owned and operated by the same guy - he's a good guy. I bought some things from him years ago - so you'll get what you ordered. His PCV kit goes back at 4 years - and if you do a search on here, you'll find some guys that were satisfied with it and thought it helped out - and other guys that said it did virtually nothing. So if you go by the "history" of results of his PCV kit as posted on here and on NLOC - maybe it'll work for you - and maybe it won't.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Robert Francis
So if you go by the "history" of results of his PCV kit as posted on here and on NLOC - maybe it'll work for you - and maybe it won't.
Ya... that's why I've been reluctant to install it. I want to know for certain it's going to help and by the looks of it, it's a 50/50 shot it will actually do anything. Too bad we couldn't get some truck magazine to do a Lightning oil in the intake fix shootout, lol.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I've been using the L&S Separator for a little while now and there is no more oil in the intake. This is on a built motor pushing 580 RWHP.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:03 PM
If you do a "search" since 2002 on here and/or at NLOC about "oil in the intake" - you'll find a dozen or more diffrent things have been tried - including multiple seperators. One change seems to work on one guys truck, doesn't on another. In the past year or so, the L & S Seperator seems to be the one that most guys seem to favor. General consensus among most that have discussed this problem and have tried many diffrent approaches seems to be that there are several different appraoaches that may "minimize" the "excessive oil vapor" problem to some extent - and for those that it has minimized, they feel it done a good enough of a job to where what oil vapor is present won't present any problems. After all, if you have a PCV system at all, you will always have a certain amount of oil vapor present. The only way to totally eliminate any oil vapor - is to do away with the PCV system altogether.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mattsstang87
I just ordered on. I hope I don't get ripped off. I am sure I won't 'cause you guys seem to have had good luck with them.
Well I just sent him an e-mail to see if my kit had been shipped and I got an e-mail failure notice kicked back. Twice! I think I might have gotten ripped...

Old 04-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by SWThomas
I've been using the L&S Separator for a little while now and there is no more oil in the intake. This is on a built motor pushing 580 RWHP.
Me too but I'm pulling 580

Old 04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Thumbs down Well, this is someone you don't want to do business with...

Well, I waited 3 days to get some kind of conformation on my order, I tried the e-mail address given on the PCV site, and even used his personal e-mail given on PayPal, but no answer. Sooo, I made a dispute on PayPal since I figured that this product or producer did not exist anymore.

Well, he finally e-mailed me after giving me a refund. What a jerk. I think I was right:

Hey...

What gives, you've got to be some kind of an nut case!

You just ordered the kit on 4/4/06 @ 13:08 PDT and it hasn't been even three days.

Don't you think I have other customers besides you or do you think I should just exist to wait till you order and then break my neck getting it out within the hour?

No it hasn't been shipped yet and no it won't be either!

Your funds will be refunded immediatly.

Thanks for the hassle on Paypal or don't you think 597 verified Paypal buyers and well over a 1000 non verified buyers means anything?

Your refund is on it's way!

Don't ever order a thing from me again...PERIOD

It is a shame someone like you is the head of a high school dept, shows where education has gone.
He is lucky I do not live near him...

Old 04-07-2006, 12:16 PM
You didn't give him much time, man! It's hard to get "instant" service from any vendor these days!

Old 04-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Thumbs down

I just want the courtesy of a conformation that the order had been recieved. What am I supposed to think when his e-mail keeps getting kicked back?

I guess I was wrong.

Old 04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Send another order in just to **** him off

Old 03-31-2019, 10:53 AM
Where do I get this kit

Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Yes I believe we will still need a seperator on the Passenger side
When the snow breaks, I will DOUBLE CHECK THE DIRECTION of the Drivers Side Check Valve, maybe later while I'm shoveling.

If you want to hear what the MFG say's, here it is:

Lightning / Harley
PCV VALVE KIT
Does your’ Ford Lightning / Harley use oil, smoke on start-up, leak oil from the intake boot or spray oil all over the throttle body?
If you answered YES to any/all of the above then consider this:
The PCV valve that came as OEM equipment in your Ford Lightning’s supercharged motor is supposed to keep the crank case oil from entering the intake manifold under normal driving conditions during which the intake manifold is running in a normally aspirated vacuum mode with un-pressurized cylinders. In this positive vacuum mode any oil coming through the stock PVC valve would drop back into the passenger’s side cam (valve) cover from gravity.
Stock PCV valve shown here

However under an opening throttle especially in a positive boost mode (pressurizing of the cylinders) the airflow in the PVC system of the supercharged motor is being reversed and instead of pulling the crank case vapors out under vacuum it is instead sucking the intake air through the PCV circuit and PCV valve in a reversed direction. As the engines need for air increases the suction at the mouth of the throttle body becomes such that the tube leading from the drivers side cam cover to the intake boot (the crank case PCV air inlet tube) is placed under a reversed vacuum and literally sucks the oil laden air out of the drivers side cam cover and into the intake boot. The PCV valve should stop this airflow reversal but Ford used a PCV valve in their supercharged motors that never closes at anytime no matter which way the air happens to flow. I am sure the Ford Engineers had their reasoning, could it have been so the supercharged motor passed Federal emission standards?
When the boost becomes positive the airflow through the throttle body and into the plenum above the blower increases causing this reversal of the PCV system airflow. The use of a proper PCV valve or as found in our kit two PCV valves would stop this reverse air flow and probably should have been considered as OEM equipment to be installed at the factory. But since the factory PCV valve doesn’t close to seal off the airflow in either direction (no check valve here to stop the air flow) the reversed airflow comes up through the plastic tube that leads into intake air intake boot and disperses oil all over the throttle body even forming puddles in the boot. The oil draw with the stock Ford PCV system is pretty much constant, increasing as the engines RPMs increase.
After installing our PCV Valve kit, you will find that there will be no oil residue in the air intake boot nor being sprayed all over the throttle body and coating the plenum chamber above the blower. Our PCV valve kit allows the pressure to be released out of the passenger’s side cam cover and will prevent the PVC
circuit flowing air in the reverse direction.
PVC Kit

"Comes with complete instructions

What are the benefits of keeping this
oil out of the intake?

What are the drawbacks of allowing this oil in the intake?

The supercharged 5.4 liter Ford motor has an air to water intercooler that cools the intake charge coming from the blower
and going into the cylinders. In order to efficiently cool this intake charge the air passes through cooling fins that transfers the heat built up in the air from compressing the intake charge to the liquid coolant that circulates through the intercooler. How does this oil misting coming from the PCV system affect the intercoolers fins and in turn affect the cooling capacity of the intercooler once the fins are oil soaked and covered with the fine dirt particles that find their way through the best type of air filtration device not to mention the low restriction type that most high performance enthusiasts use on their vehicles.

You will find that after installing our PCV kit that your oil consumption caused by the above described condition will be non-existent

. Other suppliers market a kit or component (oil seperator) that was originally designed for use on stationary air compressors, either as air dryers or oil / water separators. This method employed to eliminate a simple PVC problem can be expensive, messy and time consuming to maintain, hideous under the hood and difficult to install and how long can these devices work as most are designed to be mounted on compressors that have only a one-way high pressured air flow.
Our kit is easy to install (15 minutes or less) with small screwdriver
Nothing to maintain for 1000s of miles.
Nothing unsightly (looks stock)
Comes with complete instructions

PVC Valve Kit $24.95 + Shipping

I need a kit

Old 03-31-2019, 10:55 AM
How I get a kit

Originally Posted by Diego Martinez
I need a kit
n