Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

2006 Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 2006 Rumor

Originally posted by SVT_KY
"***NOTE*** - I'm very close in the involvlement with the Next
Gen Lightning and it is confirmed, production starts for the 2006
1/2 Lightning takes off February/March of 06 for a Summer
release. Hold on, it's gonna be a wild ride!!! "

Anyone hear anything to this effect?
IF they're released then, I'll have just a few months of college left. WOOO, come on 2006

Old 08-29-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Thor01
Gregg,

Real Velveeta cheese on them and have been voted Best burger 2004. Onion rings are the best also. They work on the Honor system there. When you're ready to leave, tell the bartender what you had and he rings it up. No paper bill.

Dave.
Real Velveeta cheese, now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Old 08-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by MHMCGILL
Real Velveeta cheese, now that's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
Hey, D!c# head!

It may be an oxymoron. I'm no cheese expert. It's what I read. Take your oxymoron, moron and shove it. This is the ever increasing problem with this sight?

The board is overloaded with smart azzez that have nothing to contribute but attitude. A crap reply just to post. Did you reply have anything to contribute to this thread other than you know about cheese?

Like I said pal. Shove it, Sideways!!

Old 08-29-2004, 09:33 AM
evo
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey, D!c# head!

It may be an oxymoron. I'm no cheese expert. It's what I read. Take your oxymoron, moron and shove it. This is the ever increasing problem with this sight?

The board is overloaded with smart azzez that have nothing to contribute but attitude. A crap reply just to post. Did you reply have anything to contribute to this thread other than you know about cheese?

OUCH!

Old 08-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey, D!c# head!

It was humor - Take it as humor.

If there is something wrong with the internet its people getting all wound up and defensive over little stuff like a cheese comment....

Doug

Old 08-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Back on topic

If the late 2006 rumor is true then the Special leases Ford is offering just lost a BUNCH of value

A 24 month lease on a lightning with the idea that the 2006 is out BEFORE the lease is up Puts Ford behind the 8 ball for financing the leases that are started early

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=18273

Customers interested in the 2006 SVT F-150 Lightning can lease a 2004 Lightning for 24 months; SVT Mustang Cobra customers can expect a 30-month lease term. Under the terms of the PowerLease, termination dates can be adjusted to expire at precisely the same time that the respective next-generation SVT versions reach dealer showrooms.
With an SVT PowerLease, customers are also provided with a transferable ordering option that assures them "first-in-line" priority scheduling of the next-generation models. Option holders may then become among the very first to lease or buy the all-new 2006 SVT Lightning or 2007 SVT Cobra, currently scheduled for production in late-2005 and mid-2006, respectively. The SVT Information Center will be working closely with dealers and PowerLease customers to ensure a smooth transition between vehicles.
PowerLease is available only at SVT-certified Ford dealerships through June 30, 2004. For additional program details or the name and location of SVT dealers, customers can call the SVT Information Center at 1-800-FORD-SVT or visit www.svt.ford.com
So a 24 month lease that was started on the last day os planning on delivery of the new one BEFORE the 24th month with would put the delivery BEFORE june of 2006. Unless the bean counters at FOrd are completely asleep at the wheel - Cause when the lease expires at 24 months the owners are going to want to upgrade to something - If the Lightning is not ready it will be BIG $$$

Doug

Old 08-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeebus ... Doug and I see eye to eye again ... That was
my point ... the thing's gotta be here MY 2006 .. e.g. November
next year ...

He!!, they built the GT in 18 months ... !!!

Old 08-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Any word on how many Gen 3's will be made the first production year?

Old 08-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by BigFan
SVT Cobra Mustang Club is having a Open track event, Sept 18th & 19th.

Cliff is going to lay the smack down and I will be happy to stay on course

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html
Sweet, thanks, I might try to take the Mustang over.

Old 08-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by eposey
Any word on how many Gen 3's will be made the first production year?
We all need to sit back and see - I looked all over the ford media site and found no more decent info ....

Old 08-30-2004, 07:05 AM
For what it is worth I have been looking for a Cobra and Have been to many dealers here in NJ. At 3 of the dealers they said the new L was ahead of schedule almost 6 months and that the Cobra was still gonna be a late release in 06 but the L's would be out late 2005
Who knows but three dealr all same story..lets just hope it is not a story
Slick

Old 08-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Ive spoken with SVT first hand and what they told me is,They plan on releasing the "info" on the production version late 2005 with production being mid 2006.Unfortunatlry this proves the power lease is right on schedule.Could go up to 30months and bring us into fall.Dont count on seeing this truck until mid /late of 06.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by l-menace
word!... payback for the plugs if i can get in on the list???
Your on the list amigo, but I thought the plugs were for all the work I done on your truck at our wrench fest?

Suavy

Old 08-30-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Factory_Tech
Suavy, I'll be up your way the week of LFest, (instead of going to LFest, bummer). As many times asa I've been there I've yet to find a decent restaurant in Dearborn, can you help a brother out for Saturday night, the 25th and show me where to get a decent steak with 10 miles of the Dearborn Inn?

G
G - Man, I would love to but I'm planing to be at our MILOC meet at Stanton or I'll be at Truck fest. If the bottom falls out of my plans I would love to show you around.

Suavy

Quick Reply: 2006 Rumor