Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

AutoWeek

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoWeek

I hope this has not been posted...

Good news for sure!!

Sorry srt-10

"Ford to lighten, tighten upcoming version of Lightning pickup"

Last edited by Big Red; 07-01-2004 at 04:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:04 AM
I've seen it Big Red,

Weight reduction, and better handling is in the GEN III's plans.
TG because it's surly Heavier than what we got now.

Unfortunatly it kind of sounds like they're taking the easy way out,
Take a reg F-150, lighten it up, dress it up a little, throw a few badges on it, then take the reg F-150 new style Motor and throw a S/C on it.

YOU HEARD HIM (and I quote)

"Now that we have the engines where we want them, the question is what do you do with the rest of the car? Clearly you have to start looking at the weight aspect of it. If I could take 300 or 400 pounds out of the car, I wouldn't have to add any more horsepower.

(end of quote)

I think we are going to end up with exactly what we have now,
no special motor designed for the Lightning SVT, no special Body design, and unfortunatly simular problems to what we have now,
possibly a motor that can't handle the extra power when
modded. I Pray I'm Wrong ???

I think the Big Change is going to be in the Mustang / Cobra

Old 07-02-2004, 08:13 PM
I am almost sure it is going to be a 4 valve engine. ( heard some things ) Very close to the new Ford GT engine( prolly without the dual injecters :\ ). Which has stronger rods and pistons. 03' and 04' Mustang Cobras can take almost 1000hp at the engine. If the next L can handle that. Well then I will be trading in for sure. Like you were saying it still seems like a base F-150 with just a more powerfull engine and a stronger tranny. I for one would love to see AWD. I know it would be heaver but off the line it would own all. We wouldn't have to use slicks anymore. I guess it all comes down to cost.

Quick Reply: AutoWeek