Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Release Date for 06 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Release Date for 06 Lightning

Just got this from my dealer today, it looks like Ford's setting a date for the next-gen SVT vehicles:

"2006 Lightning production will begin in Dec of 2005 with Jan/Feb delivery therefore a 24 month lease with the built in option of terminating 3 months early or extending 3 months based on delivery time. The term for the Cobra is 30 months for a June 2006 production as a 2007 model._ Yes, you read right no 2005 or 2006 Cobra will be built for public sale._ Any units built under the options will be incremental to dealer allocation so the dealer should have no issues with selling them to you and you are not obligated to purchase one if you so desire and your option is transferable."
_

Old 04-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Sux about the Cobras...........having to wait one more year.........but hopefully the specs of it will have been released at the time the new Gen Lightning is released. Like this customers can make an informed decision on whether to wait for the Snake or buy a Lightning...............I will be one of those "potential customers"

BTW Nathan..................you had given me a login and password on your website to upload my videos, but I don't remember the website address..............I may remember my login and password but I'm not sure..................Plz email me the website, and I'll check and see if I can login.

thx,
JC

Old 04-09-2004, 02:55 PM
I can't wait to hear the specs on the new Lightning. Hopefully, it will be something over 500 HP

Old 04-10-2004, 04:24 PM
With the Cobra being a 2007 model, that gives me some extra time to pay off my L and keep playing with it before decide between a bad assed and expensive Mustang or a new ZO6. I'm glad it's taking a while for the SVT models.

Yes, I do know that was a selfish statement.

Quick Reply: Release Date for 06 Lightning