Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Went to the auto show...I'M WAITING ON THE 05 LIGHTNING

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Went to the auto show...I'M WAITING ON THE 05 LIGHTNING

Just wanted to say that the magazines and the pictures on this website doesn't do any justice compared to actually seeing this monster in person ...The only cars that were at the show that I respected most was the new mustang, GTO was really nice, Magnum wagon, Cadillac Cien, and my fav.. the 05 Lightning.. That is a scary looking truck, SVT has done it this time .. 550HP 6spd.. Sorry guys just pumped after seeing this thing in person.. The rep told me it's actually suppose to come with the 22 inch wheels.. I'll wait for this thing to come out..I feel it'll be worth it.. Prices starts at $40K , wonder what the dealer markup will be

Old 03-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Maybe puttin my foot in my mouth but I am pretty sure it comes with 500hp and 500tq and will not have the 6 speed

Old 03-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Banned
I was there on Friday Rayden and I heard them say 550HP too. the were talking like this is exactly is what will come out. and i agree pictures are nice but DAMN wait till you see it in person, talk about a hard-on.

Old 03-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by lightninkid
Maybe puttin my foot in my mouth but I am pretty sure it comes with 500hp and 500tq and will not have the 6 speed
I agree, and no independant rear suspension.

Old 03-15-2003, 09:39 PM
Rest In Peace
Wink

I agree to no 6-speed dodge made that mistake for us glad the SVT boys wont make it

Old 03-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Banned
Yea those guys were idiots, and what the hell there was no 03 cobra there either. And the hood on the lightning wasnt even open.

Old 03-15-2003, 10:13 PM
The guy did say it would have a six speed and 550HP unless he was just lying.. Yeah i'm suprised they didn't have the hood up..Probably didn't even have a motor in it..Hey spank did you also notice there wasn't any door handles? I asked the rep why and he told me they didn't know where they wanted to put the door handle yet..The mustang was the same way

Old 03-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Banned
You know I never even noticed, but I had read that before. I was too busy staring at the wheels and brakes and whew I gotts stop, that thing was BADAZZ!
Where was the SRT-10?

Old 03-15-2003, 10:43 PM
$40K? Damn I hope not!

Andy

Old 03-15-2003, 10:44 PM
I hope they don't put a 6 speed in the gen 3 Lightning
SVT you hear me?????

Old 03-15-2003, 10:58 PM
I heard from other car shows that it has visited that the electronic hood lifter was out so they couldnt get the hood to open...if you want to believe that

BTW...Vin it's wierd seein your truck that color! I was used to that side profile sig pic for the longest then you changed to "kings of bling"...now this...looks good though

Old 03-15-2003, 11:05 PM
It will be an awsome truck.. can't wait.........

PEacE...................

Old 03-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Well, Let me put it this way if I may, since I can't comment on future programs! No car show rep is going to know what the alleged 05 Lightning will look like exactly or have any idea on the cost. When the auto show was here in Detroit and seen the Lightning concept I asked the Ford rep. How much and when.

He didn't have a clue on both. Said it was just a concept truck.

The only people that know for sure on the estimated cost and looks is Scarpello, coletti and a few others. No one is going to take away their fun at releasing the actual information to the public and the press. If you didn't hear it from them, I wouldn't belive it from anyone else.

Take the rumors with a grain of salt. If there is such a program, I have to say "IF." it's actual design intent and performance numbers will be well hidden due to the expected release of the Dodge truck.

I hear rumors in the DMC camp that the dodge engineers are up against the wall after their C.E.O shot off his mouth about de-throning the Lightning. That is why they are doing the wait and see. The Viper truck is ready to be released from what I hear from a source that works at the DMC tech center.

They are already second guessing their truck and the performance numbers it's getting. Not good for them!! Thought I would add to the rumor mill. I will almost bet the DMC guy's will release just before or just after the alleged 05 Lightning if it is built.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah I was there tonite with Rayden. That damn truck is just mena looking...Just an awesome disply of brutish looks that no other manufacturer had IMHO. Now the mecury concept coupe was mean looking too and it kinda borrows from the Stang a bit. Rayden will vouch that I am not much of a truck guy since I own an 01 Stang (other than the Lighning and Harley, both which I really like) but the "concept" Lightning is a rearview mirror, "WTF is that" saying ride. I guess Coletti is not BSing anymore more and really trying to get everyone's attention. First the 03 Cobra, now the concept Lightning and in '06 when the next gen Cobra comes out I wonder what kinda noise will he be making then. Seems like everyone is playing poker thse days with cars.truck when it comes to performance models because Dodge and Chevy will be playing peek a boo with the Viper and Z06 afgter the new Viper goes retail. Now that Coletti has built the GT40 to run a Viper and a concept truck that conceivably beat the Dodge truck, Ford may finally be peeing in the wees with the big dogs with awesomely FACTORY fast vehicles...

Old 03-16-2003, 01:20 AM
ermm. im anti '05. looking at that truck makes me want to go out and buy a built long block with a nice blower, some nos with a goal of hunting down 05's. the truck looks like it needs to belong in outer space in the new lunar moon vehicle program or vw's show room.

only my oppinion though

Quick Reply: Went to the auto show...I'M WAITING ON THE 05 LIGHTNING