Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Close but no prize

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close but no prize

It wouldn't have taken much to make the concept Lightning look good-in my opinion. So I fixed the fat bed and stupid looking wheels. Put the old L exhaust back and gave it more side window so it wouldn't look so brick like. Still not the best but better to me.

Last edited by DR.D; 01-17-2003 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:18 PM
While I like the 2000 wheel design

I wouldnt want a new truck or especially a concept to have 4 year old wheel design and exhaust design

Doug

Old 01-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the comment. I wouldn't want a truck(?) that looks like it was designed by the friggin' Power Rangers. But I guess it's like they say about women, maybe ugly trucks(?) need lovin' too. Buy an Aztec in the mean time to get you by.

You have that 4 year old stuff don't u? Sell it and wait for the shiny new L.

Everyone's taste is different. Everyone has a RIGHT to an opinion. You and others like it. Cool. I won't let them load my casket into it. I won't use it to haul manure. I will by a Dodge if that's the lame excuse they want to use for what was a great truck. I don't care how fast it is. Faster the better. That way no one can get a good look at it to see how bad it looks.

I only used the 99-00 wheels 'cause I didn't feel like searching for the correct angle on all the other better looking wheels out there. I used the 99-03 exhaust idea because I think it's stupid to put the pig rich exhaust all over the paint. I changed the side window and the bed so the truck(?) didn't look so FAT. Basically changed the truck by squeezing the top and bottom sections together a little to remove some of the fatness. Compare it to another untouched pic. Maybe you'll find that it looks better. Maybe not.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by DR.D; 01-17-2003 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Dr. D... we're getting warmer! You may be on to something... the 2001 monoblock wheels might match better, but Doug is right... probably deserves a "fresher" design that the 99-00 wheels.

Old 01-18-2003, 09:14 AM
You guys stop picking on me for the wheels WAH! I just grabbed 'em because even tho' outdated, they certainly look better than what is presented on the concept. Tell you what, I'll get a better quality pic and make the FAT concept Power Ranger L what is should be.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:47 PM
I put Torque Thrusts on it because I like 'em. There is hope. Just remove some of the FATNESS and open up that side window.

Old 01-18-2003, 05:20 PM
D lighten up..

My point was its a concept. Its gonna have some "out there" stuff on it..... When I was considering buying a 2002 I had already decided to keep my chrome 2000 rims cause I like the design. I didnt end up upgrading so it doesnt matter.

I didnt by my 2000 for its looks - I bought it cause it was powerful and cause I fit in it and it was cheap.

Ill buy the 2005 or whatever the next one is because it will be powerful and cause it will be one of the the quickest and fastest vehicles on the street.

The new body style will begin to grow on all of us once we see it on the road and drive one. The concept is supposed to provide cues or clues as to what the next one MIGHT look like. I know for a fact that the Ford designers and marketing folks read our input here.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:12 PM
I am light. Now go watch the Barret Jackson Auction and let's drool in unison.

Old 01-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by DR.D
Now go watch the Barret Jackson Auction and let's drool in unison.

Just saw a Street version of the 196X GT40 go for 295,000. The new record for the weekend

Doug

Quick Reply: Close but no prize