Lightning Concept Please confine your posts regarding the recently unveiled Lightning Concept to this forum. This will make finding information on the current Gen 2 Lightning much easier for our members.

Couple thoughts/questions...........

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Couple thoughts/questions...........

After going to the Autoshow this past week I have a few thoughts.......

1) The exhaust has got to go. Those "cutouts" are friggin huge. Not only that, they will blow carbon/condensation all over the paint.

2) Has anyone heard what gear they plan on using. The rear tires were 325/45R22's. That is a 33.5" tall tire. If Coletti keeps the 3:73's back there we are screwed......I don't care if we have 500ft-lb's or not. FYI----the front's were 295/45R22's.

3) Speaking of wheels.....I hope to christ the 22's don't stay for production. Besides they are nasty looking.

4) The look of the truck is very tough. But over and above that the truck looks very bulky. Everything on it seems big/bold and edgy.

5) God I hope the IRS doesn't make it into production either. Hopefully Ford had enough people trying to warantee busted half-shafts in the Cobra's that they won't put them in the new L's.

Just my nickle.......yes I am bored

--Joe

Old 01-13-2003, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try being unemployed...now that boredom
But atleast Iam not out in the cold. While Iam going to work after I get the LT's hehe

Iwas also wondering about the exhaust being flush with the paint, I get chit on mine with the Bassani tips sticking out of the body panels

Iam sure the 22's will not make production, seems like that is the rage with "show vehicles" put large wheel and tires on them

Can't comment on the apperance of the vehicle, because all I've seen is pics...and you know how that is

And after all the warranty claims on broken half-shafts is added to the 500ft lbs that equals out to a solid rear axle

As for your boredom, here a remedy......TRY WORKING at WORK
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gota go have breakfast and get a paper to read about the Bucs kicking butt....See ya

Old 01-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
guess you have been too "busy" to get back to this one, huh soap? LOL

Quick Reply: Couple thoughts/questions...........