King Ranch

OK... how many of us do miss Skagel??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-05-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:56 PM
Ok, I'll bite. Who was Skagel??

Old 12-04-2002, 11:55 PM
she seems to have taken the entire kagel clan with her...

Old 12-05-2002, 12:41 AM
maybe she finely took that truck out for a drive and got lost again!

Old 12-05-2002, 01:46 AM
Yep, she kept this board lively for quite a while. She disappeared from here about the time Lenticular and I were having a pissing contest about something. I hope it wasn't a factor in her deciding not to post here. I'm sure she's looking in on us (just like Santa Claus).
BD

Old 12-05-2002, 04:18 AM
Pardon...?

A WHAT contest ?

As if ? !!!

Who was Skagel ? Well I f you have a spare 6 months we will answer that, but to be brief.

" A female of the species totally obsessed with her Tomas "

And no....that is not a euphamism for a part of the female anatomy. (Though in the early days of me joining the forum That's what I thought...pity the illusion was spoilt...)

It was her truck, which she treated rather better I suspect than some of us treat our wives....until the day she took it off road and mangled the front end a bit.

Anyway a lovely person......she and Daveman travelled all the way down to South Padre to visit my wife and I while thay were visiting the King Ranch.
We had a lovely visit and went to the brewpub for a few local bevvies.

I'm sure she will turn up again soon, if not her bro (Pkagel) can pass our messages on.

Old 12-05-2002, 07:27 AM
Here goes,

From the last contact I've had with Skagel (Sarah), she is on an indefinite sabbatical from F150Online. I've been told that her new Boy Friend doesn't allow her to participate in a forum that is almost 100% men and therefore she has decided to conform to his wishes and not partake in the madness.

The best way I know to describe Sarah is she is completely and totally fanatical about her truck and she actually thinks her truck (Tomas) has a personality and therefore she personifies him and makes him appear real to her in a human sense. I don't think I've ever known a person of the female gender that has been as passionate about their vehicles as Sarah and I'm willing to bet that she's as rare as they come...

All of us have our idiosyncrasies, quirks and smart a$$ comments about almost everything, Sarah has always kept her cool and from what I recall, usually never got involved with personal attacks which is notable on this website.

I think as much as she seemed a bit odd to everyone, her wit and comical personality and her extreme passion for her King Ranch truck are apparently missed and I can admit that I do miss having her drop in and comment on this forum. For some of us, this forum is a coping mechanism and a stress relief from the day to day pressures of working and life in general.

Sarah, get your skinny a$$ on the computer and comment, your man has placed a constraint on you that goes against your grain and it's only a matter of time before he'll get a handful of splinters from rubbing you the wrong way. Just my 2 cents...

Lenny, I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent down in South Padre with you and your wife at the pub. The trip back to Houston that night was very eventful with Sarah doing the navigating with her Magellan GPS, we got lost in the middle of Houston at 2am and I got a speeding ticket doing 80 in a 65. We only got 2 hours of sleep (in separate rooms I might add) before we had to turn in the rental and make it to the airport, grrrr...

~DM~

Old 12-05-2002, 08:44 AM
Wow, if I ever had that kind of say in my woman's life, I think I would lose my sanity! My fiancee would have nothing of the sort if I told her she couldn't do something as trivial as that.

Old 12-05-2002, 09:27 AM
Someone is obviously highly suspicious of our

Pseudo Cyber Truck Flirting Activities.

Skagels boyfriend.....

"I can't manage it in the real world let alone the cyber world"
" You're too possessive for your own good !"

Old 12-05-2002, 09:42 AM
for what it's worth, daveman and lenticular are exactly right on the reasons. more to come later, probably in a week or so i'll give the update. she is still modding away at the kranch, can't seem to leave well enough alone but i can't really say much as i'm working on 5 vw's at the same time and seem to be getting lost between them all in the stuff i'm planning.

Old 12-07-2002, 10:49 AM
I never really knew Skagel (Sarah) or even talked with her. She was fading about the same time I joined this madness. From the few posting I read, it was easy to see how passionate she was about her truck. At any rate, I'd sure hate to think she's been "prohibited" from posting here by a boyfriend for whatever his reasons. In my opinion, that kind of controlling relationship is headed for utilmate failure. After all, we're just a bunch of folks spread out across the country talking about our trucks. How threatening can that be to him?

I hope she makes another appearance because everyone here is interested in the same thing - their King Ranch.

Old 12-07-2002, 10:21 PM
I know a way to bring her out of hiding. I'll go out and take a picture of my truck and post it.

Let's just say a few months worth of rain, mud, and here recently ice and slush, have put my truck in a condition she *would not* approve of.

The bad vibes from a dirty truck are certain to be more than enough to bring her out.

Old 12-10-2002, 02:38 PM
I thought her boyfriend was posting on here too? There was a post that went back and forth about him not wanting to ride 2 miles in a Hyundi. Is that the old b-friend?

Everyone will take a break from this site for their own reasons. I took a few months off and did not come here very often and when I did I never felt any need to post. (Took me a year to make it to 100 posts, so I know no one knew I was gone.)

I am glad nothing has happened to her and I hope she has a great life. I would like it if she made a return visit. I am sure there is more to it than a boyfriend not wanting her to post on this board. We are harmless HAHAHAHA

Old 12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
that was a differnet boyfriend and he eventually did drive the rice burner with no ill effects

Old 12-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone, Tomas is fine and in storage. I am alive. I have been away from this site yes for reasons I am not the proudest of.

Quick Reply: OK... how many of us do miss Skagel??