King Ranch

Touch Up Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A real pick... lmao

Just a quick note that I've been meaning to post. To all my fellow chestnutters, the ford part number listed above IS CORRECT however it's for a different color name.

It's calle AUTUMN BROWN

My hunch is that the guys at Ford in the truck department decided they wanted a new color for the King Ranch. They cruised through what was available to them in the current 'paint stock' and found a pretty color that was available on the Windstar vans. They then decided that 'AUTUMN BROWN' was entirely too feminine and directed at working soccer moms who needed a personnel carrier to and fro the ballpark/soccerpark/mall/theatre etc.. and decided to name it something a tad more 'neutral' for the sexes. Hence, we have Chestnut Brown.

The color code is the same and it matches identically.

Just thought I'd put out the A P B.

!RP!

Old 07-09-2002, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RP.

You have reminded me that when I picked up my touch in paint from the dealership it was a totally different name....nothing like Chestnut, or the one you mentioned either !
Anyway it was a perfect match as I have said before.
When I get back in September I will check on the name on the tube but of course by that time this thread will have passed into history !
Cheers
John

Old 07-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Guys,

Speaking of other cars with the Chestnut brown paint, I'm certain I've recently seen an '01 or '02 Taurus with the same paint color as what's on our trucks. I'm not 100% certain but it sure looks like it from the street when I passed the car in the driveway of a neighbor.

Lenny,

You've been almost as quiet as me lately, cat got your tongue too? Lets hear what's going on from your side of the water lately. I've been busy building my privacy fence that's 550 feet long and I'm only half way complete. Talk about a major project, try drilling post holes through solid clay or hitting friggin tree roots a foot into the ground that are 3-4 inches in diameter. On a possitive note, I'm getting one hell of a work out and my muscles from my youth are building back up and my beer belly is shrinking a tad. That's all I've been busy with other than cutting the grass, fixing this and that, watching my three year old...you know the routine I'm sure.

Rock, since I've been soooo busy, I still haven't washed my truck in a month, go ahead call me what ever you must but I just have priorities and washing my truck isn't one of them right now. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend though. I don't like driving around with it dirty but, if I only had a few hooter's girls that liked to hang around the house to help me keep it washed and stuff...I'm sure the wifey wouldn't mind.

Later,
~DM~

Old 07-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Moderator &

No Dave, I won't call names or poke fun (because I'm short on time). I'll get you later though...

RP

Old 07-09-2002, 08:32 AM
Yes, they recycle paint codes. A case in point: my fiance's Sport Trac is Oxford White. When I got touch up paint for it, the little bottle has three different paint codes on it (YO, YZ, Y?), and it is called something different than Oxford. All three of our current colors are used on other Ford vehicles.... The charcoal is on Expedition and Explorer Eddie Bauer's, the puke green is also on Expy's and other F150's, and as you have seen, the dog*@it brown is on a few other vehicles as well (you will have to excuse my bias in the color naming convention I used ).

Old 07-09-2002, 08:42 AM
Moderator &

DOG *@it!? LMAO!!

Old 07-09-2002, 08:49 AM
Yeah, well I almost called the green baby #$it green...

Old 07-09-2002, 08:53 AM
Yet another reson I don't bother posting. Hate people thinking their color is better than the others. It's all preference!!

Old 07-09-2002, 08:58 AM
I honestly don't think any of us are serious about thinking our color is better then any other KR color. They are all spectactular colors and if I had the money I would own one of each.

Old 07-09-2002, 09:00 AM
Moderator &

KRCOWBOY, he's just joking around. As skagel said, I think we're all pretty much in agreement that all of the colors are **SHARP**.

RP

Old 07-09-2002, 12:05 PM
We're just poking fun like always. Everyone should know to take things with a grain of salt.

Old 07-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Or on this forum a cartload.

Old 07-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey Lenny, I saw a funny bumper sticker today and I thought of you. "A man WITH a gun is a Citizen. A man WITHOUT a gun is a Subject" not sure why I thought of you...I just did.

oh and one we should all have on our trucks, but most of us won't because bumper stickers take away from the KR appeal.

"Is there life after death? Mess with this truck and find out"

Old 07-09-2002, 11:45 PM
I found a duplicate paint code for "Charcoal Blue" it's called "Nasty-Funky Purple"
BD

PS-I'm one of the reasons that I don't bother posting either!!

Quick Reply: Touch Up Paint