King Ranch

Little frightening fact

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 08:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Little frightening fact

hey KR's.......I know you guys are gonna hate this, but I just found out that 1:3 drivers drive a Hyundai......can you believe it....a Hyundai......even for living up here in "Ford country" I see a lot of them myself, but never thought much of it......

Old 04-29-2002, 11:04 AM
are you sure on that fact? i see no hyundais anywhere

Old 04-29-2002, 11:14 AM
yep, infact they are building a plant in Alabama.

Old 04-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Skagel, I hope you will take this as constructive criticism, the way in which it is intended.

Why not use a pad of paper and maybe a pencil instead of counting on your toes?

I think everytime you look down to grab one, five or six Fords are zipping by.

Old 04-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, most elements of pop culture and consumerism are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator...thus the high rate of Hyundai ownership.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:17 PM
KingRanchAustin I will have you know that I happen to own a Hyundai.
Raoul, I take all criticism constructively......thanks to the fine people here in the KR forum (I won't name names) my spelling has greatly improved and I utilize the caps option on my keyboard more regularly.

Old 04-29-2002, 02:22 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LMAO @ Skagel. Lent, o buddy o pal, I'm not sure if that was directed at you... well, let's put it this way.... I KNOW it was directed at you...

or should I say...

i know it was directed at you... i don't think it was directed at me..i drive a king ranch.... LMAO

RP

Old 04-29-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Skagel
KingRanchAustin I will have you know that I happen to own a Hyundai.
Sarah,

As long as you own one of the finer vehicles like a KR obviously is, you can drive what ever the hell you want for your daily use. I was just talkin' about if that's the only car you own.

Did I just put my foot in my mouth further?

Old 04-29-2002, 02:39 PM
i always gave dad and sarah crap for driving the hundai's but fact remains that they are probably the best vehicles out there for the money. now before you flame me remember i said "for the money" they were always very reliable and for some reason never rusted. we can't say that about the ford and chevy's now can we. all that said, i still wouldn't buy one and i'd much rather be driving a kranch edition f350 dually 6 pack if they ever make one. finances and such though i drive a 2002 jetta turbo diesel and get 50 mpg which in my 130 mile round trip commute only makes sense.

Old 04-29-2002, 04:47 PM
Hey Sarah,

What's a Hyundai? Just kidding. I had to answer that 'cause you rarely pick-up my sarcasm.

Anyway, where did you get your stats about the rice burners, or do they run on some other form of natural carbohydrate ?

You know Sarah, I think you're the best sport on the forum, you get slammed on a regular basis and hardly ever let it get you down.

Congrats on the tenacity, that's staying power.

Later,
~DM~

Old 04-30-2002, 08:20 AM
LOL I have staying power..........I think it is from putting up with pkagel ragging on me my entire life.........

Old 04-30-2002, 10:02 AM
well, since i couldn't name you "Sue" and it wouldn't have worked anyway i had to toughen you up somehow. btw, if i get time tonight i'll order you those 1911 grips. btw, how did the clay work on the kranch?

Old 04-30-2002, 10:16 AM
the clay worked terrible.....I don't know if any of you guys have used this stuff before......the directions are pretty vague on the package.....the kind I bought was made by Maguier's......there are other brands......Mothers is one of them......anyways....what this stuff is is a spray of some type of lubricant I guess that you spray on your freshly cleaned and dried vehicle then you rub this bar of clay acrossed the area that you sprayed......what it is supposed to do is remove all the contaminents that traditional washing will not do......this is to be done prior to polishing and waxing.......anyways......what happened to Tomas was that it left streaks of clay that I now I can't get the darn stuff off.....anyways....I think it was because it is only 45 degrees here in Michigan and the clay was hard as a rock.....I think the clay needs to be soft.......am I right?........has anyone used or even heard of this stuff?

Old 04-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Sarah,

Did you "rub" it across the paint, or "Pull" it across the paint?

I have found that if you take either some Quick detailer or a solution of water and car wash soap (1 capfull per 18 oz of water) and spray it on a 3x3 section, then drag the clay across the lubricated area. The area must be lubricated well, otherwise the clay will stick and leaves clay streaks. after the whole truck is done, re-wash it with good car wash soap and dry.

Hope this helps

Old 04-30-2002, 10:30 AM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Little frightening fact