King Ranch

Interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Interior lights

I was wondering if anyone out there has had this happen with thier truck. I've had my truck for almost nine months and have racked up almost 19,000 miles. About two weeks ago after arriving at work, one of the crew on the sight Nextelled me to tell me the interior, bed, and running board lights were on, then off, then flashed on then off about five seconds later. within the past couple of weeks I've been keeping an eye on it and have noticed it doing this a couple of times. It became annoying the day I pulled my boat out of the water and was winterizing it. The lights would go out 20 seconds after I exited the truck as usual, and then 20 seconds later would come back on and stay on for a while, then go out again. The only way they would go out immediatly and stay off was if I would lock the doors, and then no problem. Anyone have any clues as to whats causeing this?

Old 11-30-2001, 08:21 PM
Hey ScrewKing,

I don't have the answer for you but I can speculate that it sounds suspicously like the computer is turning on the lights for some reason. If you can lock the doors and there is no problem then to me that eliminates most of my first thoughts like switches, connections and the like.

If you had a schematic and the pinouts on the computer then you could see if the computer generates the output for the lights or not using a voltmeter tapped into the appropriate pin.

I know this is not much help but since no one else was coming forward with help then I figured that a little specualtion might conjure up some more folks to talk about it.

See Ya fellow KR dude,

DaveMan

Old 12-02-2001, 02:56 AM
lights

It could be a bad door ajar switch, but that would
not explain why locking the doors cures it. Take it to the dealer and have them scan the GEM and RAP modules and there may be a code in them that
could lead to a fix. The GEM module controls the
locks, lights,speed sensitive wipers and other things, and the RAP module controls the remote entry and keypad. I have seen this in Crown Vic/
G/Marquis caused by the keypad, but have never seen it in a F150, but anything is possible.

Quick Reply: Interior lights