King Ranch

A check from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A check from Ford

Just got a letter from Ford with a check for $100.00. It's for the radiator upgrade I didn't get with my towing package. Or I could get a $500.00 voucher towards a new Ford, or I could get the radiator from the #7700 lb. group. I'll cash the check!

Old 11-07-2001, 09:23 AM
I too received the $100 check from Ford. I chose to have the radiator replaced even though I have had no problems with the current radiator. The reasons that I have opted to have the radiator replaced.
1. To avoid potential future problems.
2. I don't think that Ford has been very honest about the whole situation. They advertised an upgraded radiator with the towing package and did not deliver what was spec'ed. I would have been perfectly happy with what I received except for the fact that it was not what I paid for.

Old 11-07-2001, 09:56 AM
how do i check to see if i have the correct radiator?

Old 11-07-2001, 07:01 PM
skagel,

that rebate or offer to replace the radiator is only for '01 models. ford's literature for the '01 s-crew was wrong in stating that the trailor tow package would come with an "upgraded" radiator. ford never meant for anything other than the standard radiator to be available in the s-crew, whether equipped with towing package or not. however, the inaccuracy of their literature has come back to bite em! i'm sure your '02 was built with the radiator it was intended to have...

Quick Reply: A check from Ford