King Ranch

Keep it or trade it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep it or trade it?

I have a 2011 F150 King Ranch ecoboost 4x4 in bronze metallic. The truck only has 22k thousand miles and I love it. For the past two weeks my dealer has been hounding me about trading it in claiming used prices are really high and they will do me right. I finally told them to run the numbers just to see what it looked like. They can get me into a brand new 2013 King Ranch ecoboost 4x4 with nav and sun roof for $10 a month more than I currently pay. The new truck would be white platinum tricoat which is my second favorite color behind bronze. I just really like how the bronze trucks stick out in person. My current truck doesn't have nav or a sun roof so I'm really torn on weather I should trade it or keep it. What would yall do?

Old 10-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Sun roofs are unnecessary and you use them much less than you'd think, and do you really need nav?

There's zero reason to get a new truck in my opinion. If it was really that good of a deal, the dealer wouldn't be hounding you that badly to do it. He wants your business so that he can make money. Unless it's a direct swap while maintaining your current loan and remaining payments (i.e. 25 months left @ $300 now vs. 25 months left @ $310 for the new truck), all you're doing is starting your loan over and losing all the equity in the current loan. Don't think about it as your payment being $10 higher. Consider the final cost after all payments for your current situation, and then again for the new truck.

If you're gonna get a new truck soon, I'd just wait until the 2015s are out so that you can actually REALLY upgrade! That would be worth the trade, or would at least be more understandable.

Last edited by KMAC0694; 10-10-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Well I went ahead and got a new truck today. They came up on their amount for my trade to where my payment actually went down $5 a month. I actually rolled a good chunk of positive equity from my trade into the new truck thanks to used car prices being so high right now. When I put pencil to paper from what I paid for my old truck 2 years ago to what they gave me on trade it only cost me $160 a month to own that truck. Where else can you drive a 40k luxury truck for 2 years and put over 20k miles on it and it only cost you $160 a month. I'll take that deal any day of the week.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Glad you're happy with it

Old 10-11-2013, 09:27 PM
If we're all so lucky to only have that net cost of about $160/mo, that's amazing. I just got my '13 and absolutely love it. I'm sure the new one also has the HID lights as that's part of the KR Lux pkg. too and those are great if you're on dark roads a lot and when you're not they look far better than the regular lights. Regarding the nav and sunroof...the nav I really haven't used much, but the sunroof I use every day. I've had 3 F150s before this one and each did not have a sunroof even though I always wanted one, it's just the one on the lot that I could get a deal on never had one. I don't necessarily open it every day, but just slide open the shade to let extra sunlight in from above makes it worth it to me. Enjoy your new ride!

Quick Reply: Keep it or trade it?