King Ranch

King ranch leather conditioner questions..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King ranch leather conditioner questions..

I was wondering if you can apply Leather CPR in colder weather? I just picked up a KR and the leather isnt bad at all, thank God. But I want to get a coat of conditioner on it ASAP but its around 40-45deg out. Also, how much should I apply? Just squirt some CPR into my hand and rub it in? Should I use alot on the first application? Buff it with an old 100% cotton t shirt? Any other tips? Im still searching for a good cleaner... And I have one mark that a BIC ink pend made a mark.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
You will find the answer to all your questions....and many more....in the "Sticky" at the top of this forum.
But briefly try to wait until the weather is a little warmer as the seats will absorb the conditioner much more easily.
I used to apply KR conditioner on a shop towel and then buffed up with a much finer cloth such as a microfibre.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Thanks... I came across the sticky a bit too late haha.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Using a towel to apply it is wasteful, there's a lot of conditioner that stays in the towel. If you feel you MUST apply some in colder temps, turn your seat's heaters on for a few minutes and then hurry up and do it. Not the ideal set up, but will work if you have to.
The pen, you will have to try the "Spa Treatment" and see if you can get it out. don't "rub" your seats, or they will get to be like suede, just apply the hot towel and let it soak in, to lift the grime out.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Could I LIGHTLY apply some johnson and johnson baby shampoo?

Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh
Could I LIGHTLY apply some johnson and johnson baby shampoo?
Why are they dirty, if not why do it. My 6 year old truck seats looks brand new, all I do is rub CRP in VERY LIBERALLY by hand 3-4 times a year, takes me 15 minutes. I buy the CRP by the quart and I use a lot of it when I do it, it all soaks in and I never wipe it off.

When I say a lot I mean a handfull per seat.

Quick Reply: King ranch leather conditioner questions..