King Ranch

JackandJanet ... Question on your Eclipse Sunshade

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JackandJanet ... Question on your Eclipse Sunshade

How do you like the sunshade? My steering wheel and front seats are taking a pounding from the sun this past year even with regular treatment of the leather. I remember reading you had one of these and wanted to see what you think the pros and cons are. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not Jack but, thought I might chime in a bit...

I had a 2005 KR... I was using this: http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx

It's a tad pricey but, it's great. The only negative to it is that it's not going to fold up and be easily put away -- it normally sat in my back seat. That said though, the benefits FAR outweighed the problems. It's well built, sturdy, and worked absolutely great -- so well that I bought another one for my new truck (and the guy that bought my old one swears by it already).

Just a thought...

Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I have a $10 one I bought at work... had for nearly 4 years now and works great. What's so special about those ones?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Not Jack, (and god forbid not Rockpick ) but I would highly recommend the Cee Bailey Aircraft sunshades - custom snug fit for windshield & front side windows. Come with storage bag as well. I've had a set for several years now & they work great & not too expensive. (approx $50 for a set)

Here's a old thread with an image of them 1/2 way down the 1st page... https://www.f150online.com/forums/ki...ight-days.html

UV is the worst thing for you seats... little $$ for great protection!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rockpick
Not Jack but, thought I might chime in a bit...

I had a 2005 KR... I was using this: http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...A1228A0A0.aspx

It's a tad pricey but, it's great. The only negative to it is that it's not going to fold up and be easily put away -- it normally sat in my back seat. That said though, the benefits FAR outweighed the problems. It's well built, sturdy, and worked absolutely great -- so well that I bought another one for my new truck (and the guy that bought my old one swears by it already).

Just a thought...
x2 I like it a hell of a lot better than my $10 one I had from wal-mart. Covercraft one blocks way more sun than the cheap one & it's quality material.

Fit is superb
Name:  103_0306.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  86.7 KB

Quick Reply: JackandJanet ... Question on your Eclipse Sunshade