King Ranch

Spa Treatment Specific question...Steaming?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Spa Treatment Specific question...Steaming?

Ok, well I just ordered a 32oz jug of Leather CPR and some Leather Honey, hoping to get them soon and get going on my seats.

My seats aren't too bad but they could use it. I want to try the spa treatment before I put on the CPR and Honey, just to get them clean.

My main question here is, I've seen and read about the spa treatment, with the hot towels and stuff. I saw somewhere about steaming as well....

Is that safe/would it work? Like take my Iron and pump the steam over the seats? Of course I wouldn't put the iron ON the seats, just hover it 3-6 inches above them and pump the steam onto the seats. Would this work just like the hot towels or what? Thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Haven't seen that one attempted but, now that I have a garment steamer, I may give it a whirl. I don't think the leather on my 12' is going to be nearly the beast that it was on my 01 and 05 though...

If you happen to give it a go, let us know. I'm mixed on how it may help...

Old 06-19-2012, 09:40 PM
you may want to put a damp towel on the seat and then steam iron the towel... RP's thoughts on a clothes steamer would probably work as well....

Take a look at this on the Jag forum....http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/de...emicals-33849/

post some before/after pics when you're done!

Edit - a Bissell carpet steamer should work as well - the stair attachment with hose - looks like that's what the guy on the Jag forum used

Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by MikeF150
you may want to put a damp towel on the seat and then steam iron the towel... RP's thoughts on a clothes steamer would probably work as well....
Like lay the towel on the seat and steam through it? Place the iron on the towel on the seat or still hover over the towel?

I'm definatly going to try this on a small area first.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:11 PM
the iron right on the towel.... start with a low steam heat setting first and increase the heat gradually to see how it goes....

I've never done this so PLEASE proceed with caution.... at some point since we have a carpet steamer, I may try that when I need to...

Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Before and after Pics please....

Old 06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Man, I would be hesitant doing this. I would think that you would get "Iron" impressions in the leather, unless you covered every square inch of it? I would be more apt to use the carpet steamer over the iron, but, if you do, definitely show some before and after pics. Maybe with the towel already wet/damp, it wouldn't leave any impressions, don't know, it hasn't been done yet, so looks like you are the guinea pig. My seats would have to be in really bad shape to give it a try though. Good luck with it.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Ended up just doing the normal Spa treatment...no steaming.

Sorry no b4 and after pics, i'm usually so excited to start on something I forget

Anyway they look great now

Quick Reply: Spa Treatment Specific question...Steaming?