King Ranch

sunroof/moonroof seal

Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sunroof/moonroof seal

I have a 2002 kr. It has one of those things. It leaks sadly. From what Ive figured out the seal that goes around the glass is not working properly.

So i have went out an got a new seal to put on it. Was wondering if anybody has tackled/tried/done or anything with the seal??????

marc

Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi, KRN... from the looks of it, I don't think it'd be a hellishly hard job. First, let me caveat this by saying that I've never done a sunroof but, I'd think that removing it from the inside (disconnecting the connectors from glass to mechanism) and popping it up) wouldn't be too bad.

Once out, I'd assume that the seal is likely held on with butyl sealant or something similar. Once you take the seal off and replace, hopefully it's fixed...

Have you checked for other spots leaking or are you certain that it's the sunroof? I ask because we really don't see many leakers -- even on older trucks.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:40 AM
You can see space at certain corners of the roof. where the seal and the metal of the roof meet. Drivers side front leaks down and goes into the drain.
which leaks out the pillar there. like the drain is blocked. the passager side back corner leaks. it rolls to the back of headliner and drips off it.

I also have a rear window leak too. i read your thread about doing it yourself.
seems someone tried doing it or had it done,, because the clips or plugs that hold up the HL are not there. the seal on the out side of the window seems to be short, the two ends dont meet. the passager side bottom corner of the seal is pushed in.

well it seem pictures would be a better way to show.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Here are some pictures of the window and the two holes in HL that are empty. By the rear window.
The first 4 pictures on top.
http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/...0king%20ranch/

Last edited by K.R.newbie; 12-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Fixed

Well i got both problems fixed. Those pics i have arent relative to the rear window fix. The seal doesnt use any kinda glue to attach to roof. Theres a groove
on the assembly that the seal is somehow pushed into. Its also not something to
tackle on your own. Found a shop in the houston area to put seal on. I am a happy camper

marc

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sunroof/moonroof seal