King Ranch

Thoughts on selling King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts on selling King Ranch

Well I now have owned my '08 King Ranch for 3 years. It only has 16,300 miles on it. I was just now looking at the new F150 options that Ford has came out with....and now have got the itch to get a new one. I only owe two more years on it and then it is paid off. I would like some opinions. Would you keep it? It was the last year for that type of leather before they went to the new stuff. It has everything but the backup camera and navigation. I have put in new speakers and added an amp. No sub yet. I do like it but I also like the new ones. I know whoever buys my truck would get a nice one. I have taken really good care of it. And if I were to sell it, what would be an asking price for it? What do you think someone would really pay for a low-mileage King Ranch? Just curious on some opinions out there. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Where are you located, pictures of your truck?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
That is a question that only you can answer. I've still got my '02 KR, with just 66,000 miles on it, and do not plan on selling it, ever. Any more, people really don't look at the fact that it's a King Ranch, unless, the leather has been cared for IMMACULATELY and looks brand new. Most KR's that I see, even if spotless on the exterior, look like crap inside, the front seats anyway. Most of the rears look pretty good, cause they don't get used a lot. You will not get any "Sentimental value" out of it, guaranteed, so look up on Kelly Blue Book, or NADA and see what it's worth in your area to help you make up your mind.
Also, look at the fact of having payments for two years, as opposed to another five, with a possible higher payment besides?

Old 10-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Timberdoodles
That is a question that only you can answer. I've still got my '02 KR, with just 66,000 miles on it, and do not plan on selling it, ever. Any more, people really don't look at the fact that it's a King Ranch, unless, the leather has been cared for IMMACULATELY and looks brand new. Most KR's that I see, even if spotless on the exterior, look like crap inside, the front seats anyway. Most of the rears look pretty good, cause they don't get used a lot. You will not get any "Sentimental value" out of it, guaranteed, so look up on Kelly Blue Book, or NADA and see what it's worth in your area to help you make up your mind.
Also, look at the fact of having payments for two years, as opposed to another five, with a possible higher payment besides?
X2, ive thought about trading mine off and when it come time i just cant do it , My 03 just rolled over 128,000 miles and still looks great and runs great.I'm going to keep mine forever, even though i may still get a newer KR. Whats the harm in having two KR's sitting in the driveway ?

Old 10-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
X2, ive thought about trading mine off and when it come time i just cant do it , My 03 just rolled over 128,000 miles and still looks great and runs great.I'm going to keep mine forever, even though i may still get a newer KR. Whats the harm in having two KR's sitting in the driveway ?
If the thought crosses your mind again let me know! I'm sure I'll be in a long line with several others!

I think I would probably stick with your last sentence. You would regret selling it as soon as you saw it driving away!

Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah I should just probably keep it. I need to do the leather on it though. It looks fine, almost new actually, but I haven't done that yet. I have a bottle of conditioner from King Ranch so I should probably get on that. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ross072566
Yeah I should just probably keep it. I need to do the leather on it though. It looks fine, almost new actually, but I haven't done that yet. I have a bottle of conditioner from King Ranch so I should probably get on that. Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?
If it were me i would clean them first then condition. Even if there is a small amount of dirt on them and you condition you are just rubbing the dirt u more into the seat...

Get some Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo and put a few drops into some pretty warm water. Get a nice clean rag and start cleaning the leather.. You dont want to get the seats soaking wet but you can get them pretty damp cleaning. On the harder area's like the steering wheel and the center console just wrap the rag around the steering wheel for a few minutes and it will loosen all the crud and come off nice and easy.

Let the seats dry and then pour some conditioner in your hand and rub it into the seat... If you use a rag or applicator pad most of the conditioner soaks into that and doesnt get in the seat..Dont skimp on the conditoner use it generously.. After you have done all the seats and consoles and steering wheel take a nice clean rag and rub over the seats and get the access off...

They should look good as new...

Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 AM
I've been having the same thoughts... Getting rid of my 07 KR for a 2012 KR.... My 07 has been a great truck thus far with no issues plus going from a 25K truck to a 48K truck is not something i'm wanting to do... Plus all the issues/recalls these new trucks are having... Just not worth it IMO unless you have the cash....

Old 12-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks. I think I have decided to keep mine also. One reason is that I like the leather in mine way better than the new ones. Low mileage, (17000), and I am comfortable with having it almost paid off. I financed through the credit union and the interest rate was low. I only owe like two years on it. So I am going to keep it a while longer for sure.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 AM
Good choice... I decided on the same thing.. Mine is within a year of being paid off.. I only have 66,000 on mine...

Old 12-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Mine is an 06 with 49000 on it and it's paid for so I will be keeping it for a good while yet. I've been very happy with the truck over all, only real issue I've had it the dang clunking & chirping noise from the doors.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on selling King Ranch