King Ranch

white film / residue left from KR saddle shop conditioner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
white film / residue left from KR saddle shop conditioner.

on my 2003. i used leather CPR last month (seats were pretty dry). worked well but i thought i would also try the conditioner from the saddle shop. i ordered 2 bottles and applied 2 coats (hour apart) to the front seats. i did a bit of research earlier and know that the KR stuff tends to leave a white film. everything i read said to just buff with a microfiber cloth and the film goes away. i tried a few times and it is still on the seats.
how do you guys get this off? i was thinking about treating the seats with CPR to get the film off?

ideas?

Old 05-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I just got my KR conditioner from ups today... very interested in your results! I have never conditioned leather, so I am a bit nervous...

Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 PM
this was my third time conditioning. the first two i did 2 weeks apart. i used leather CPR and had good results. my leather has never been conditioned. the truck is virtually brand new with only 12,500 garaged miles. the leather was slightly bleached out from sitting on the dealer lot for nearly a year. i got the front windows tinted dark to avoid further bleaching. the truck rarely stays outside as i have a garage at home and at work. the CPR worked well in hydrating the leather.
me never being satisfied without going through the paces, bought the KR conditioner (figuring that Ford and KR did their homework). i was disappointed. i treated the seats when it was 80 outside and in the sun. today they have a pretty bad film on them.
i did some work on it tonight.. used a slightly damp cloth to just lightly rub the leather. it seems to have worked because all looks well now. i cleaned the fronts up and plan to add another treatment of CPR later this week.

hope this helps.
so in closing i have a bottle and a half of KR conditioner that will sit on the shelf. i dont feel it moistened the leather like the CPR and the hazing was pretty bad.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
The white film is just the KR conditioner that didn't absorb in. If you just conditioned your seats with CPR a month ago, doubtful that they needed it again. Too much conditioner is the culprit for the film.

Quick Reply: white film / residue left from KR saddle shop conditioner.