King Ranch

2009 king ranch leather question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 king ranch leather question

Hey guys i have a 2009 f150 King Ranch that is bout 10 months old with 40K miles on it. The leather in the truck is beautiful and there is little to none signs of wear on the leather EXCEPT on the 2 front seats.........
the piece of leather closest to the door on the drivers side(most used) seems to have little cracks beginning to show.
I have conditioned the truck twice since i bought it, but every time i condition the seats the cracks seem to get WORSE!! i don't understand is it maybe because i live in South Florida and am overconditioning the seats or is this what happens to all KR seats????
thanks fro your help

Old 03-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Texas AM f150
Hey guys i have a 2009 f150 King Ranch that is bout 10 months old with 40K miles on it. The leather in the truck is beautiful and there is little to none signs of wear on the leather EXCEPT on the 2 front seats.........
the piece of leather closest to the door on the drivers side(most used) seems to have little cracks beginning to show.
I have conditioned the truck twice since i bought it, but every time i condition the seats the cracks seem to get WORSE!! i don't understand is it maybe because i live in South Florida and am overconditioning the seats or is this what happens to all KR seats????
thanks fro your help
Cracks are from the seats being to dry. You are not over conditioning the seats. I always do mine atleast every 3 months. What conditioner are you using? On my seats when i condition them they do show the creases alot more since the seat is moist, once the seat dries up its back to normal.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:18 PM
here are the pics of my seats. omly had truck for 10 to 11 months so far.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-dsc02074.html
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-dsc02073.html
https://www.f150online.com/forums/me...-dsc02072.html

i live in south florida where it is always hot round year.... and i have conditioned the seats 3 times in the 11 months iv owned it with the King Ranch Leather conditioner.. What am i doing wrong? Should my seat look this bad for being so new??? HELP
It is only doing this on the drivers side where it gets the most use.
thanks for you help

Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Man by the pics i dont think they are cracked,I think they are just creases from the leather being soft and when you sit in it it kinda wrinkles it up. The KR stuff is ok but there are alot better products out there imo.

This is what i just started using maybe 6 months ago and this stuff is alot better than the KR conditioner. Soaks in the seat and really makes the leather soft and takes it back to the regualar color.

http://www.amazon.com/32-OZ-Poorboys.../dp/B000E3468U

When you run your hand over that area can you feel it or is it smooth? I still think more conditioning and it will darken the area back to where it wont be near as noticeable. Have they always been like that or just started since you got the truck?

I dont have any experiance with the new kr leather. Thats why i love the castano better.

Here are a few pics of my seats and its a 2003 with 120k miles, they are still damp when i snapped these pics thats why they have the black color to them, once they dry they look great. You can see a few wrinkles or cracks in mine and its been in west texas 100 degree days since new.

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 03-24-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:12 PM
your passenger seat cracks look just like what is in my truck.
i believe they are cracks becasue they started showing up one by one month by month after we bought it.
when i run my hand over the leather you can definitely feel them and they get a lot lighter color from the rest of the seat.
When we bought the truck that piece of the seat where the cracks are is definitely the softeswt strip of leather in the truck which may be the problem. I think they are little wrinkles that turned into cracks.... i dont know just hope it dont get no worse.

do you think that poorboy leather conditioner wold help with this problem?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 AM
do you think that poorboy leather conditioner wold help with this problem?
I think it will really help. The stuff is very good. It has a nice leather smell to it also. One quick question, how do you use the conditioner?

Do you put it on a rag or applicator pad and rub it in?

The best way to do it is make sure your hands are clean and poor some conditioner on your hand and rub it into your seats. That away all the conditioner gets on the seat. If you use a rag it soaks up alot of the conditioner before it ever gets to the seat...

Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 PM
I apply the conditioner using my hand, wait 15 minutes then rub it off with a dry cloth.
After i use the conditioner the seat looks awesome! but a few days later the cracks show back up again and usually look worse than when i 1st applied it.
it seems like it gets worse every time i condition.......

Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I apply the conditioner using my hand, wait 15 minutes then rub it off with a dry cloth.
After i use the conditioner the seat looks awesome! but a few days later the cracks show back up again and usually look worse than when i 1st applied it.
it seems like it gets worse every time i condition.......
Try the Leather Stuff from poorboys....

Old 03-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I also live in miami south fl. I condition my seats lightly at least once every 2 months

Quick Reply: 2009 king ranch leather question