King Ranch

Brake Shift Interlock

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Shift Interlock

Anyone know how to replace or bypass the brake shift interlock? This is the device that unlocks the shifter button when the brake is pressed. Mine is failing and sometimes it takes 10-15 minutes of constantly tapping the brake to get the solenoid or relay to engage so I can shift out of park! Afraid I'll soon be stranded.....

Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
there is a couple threads on this in the 2004- 2008 section. use the search function.

if i remember they say to pull off the side panel from the center console and there is something there that can be actuated by hand to allow the shifter to move.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the update. On the 2005 KR, the center console's TOP cover pops off, and there it is...the override button (left side of shifter). Imagine, after scouring the internet and forums, I found this information in my Owner's Manual!

Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the update. On the 2005 KR, the center console's TOP cover pops off, and there it is...the override button (left side of shifter). Imagine, after scouring the internet and forums, I found this information in my Owner's Manual!

Quick Reply: Brake Shift Interlock