King Ranch

dog toenails and kr leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
dog toenails and kr leather

i have an 05 kr screw. just got a pitbull puppy. my previous dog was a pretty large rotty and would ride along with me in the back seat of the truck. that truck was not a kr so my question is how much damage would i be looking at from toenails and do they "blend" out when conditioning the leather?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it without a seat cover. That is what I did in my '01. Yes if you condition the seats the scratches will probably blend back in. However I think once the conditioner soaks in and drys the some scratches will be visible again.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have a blanket across the seat when the dogs go for a ride with me. When the blanket gets flipped up the scratches start happening fast. They do come out with the leather conditioner some harder then others.
KRCOWBOY> what kind of seat cover do you use?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 AM
I cut a piece of rubber backed carpet runner to fit on my back seat cushion. Works good. Easy to clean and the dog doesn't slide around on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:10 AM
the best thing hands down is to go and get a bathroom mat, the ones with the rubber backing, that runs across the entire bench seating area. the rubber protects from "puppy accidents" and also grips te heck out of the seat. it WLL NOT slip whatsoever. another plus is they have tons of colors to choose from and you can match something pretty close to any interior.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
get a bathroom mat
thanks, thats not a bad idea. would protect the seats from my 2 boys after soccer practice.

i love the way the kr leather looks but i dont think i would get it again. its just not practical.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 PM
I don't have the KR anymore mine was an '01 so I had 4 captains chairs. When I did have it I just picked up a seat cover at wal-mart it had paw prints on it so it fit the use.

Quick Reply: dog toenails and kr leather