King Ranch

Number of KR's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Number of KR's!

Good morning all. I just returned from a four day trip to Dallas last night, and was AMAZED at the number of KR's I saw between SE KS and TX! Back when I got my '02 KR, it was an "event" to see another one on the road, or in town, and they "Always" acknowledged each other at the uniqeness of their prospective trucks. I didn't count, but I would guess that about one in every five trucks I saw in OK & TX was a KR, (mostly newer body style). Everything from F150's to SuperDuty's and above, with some of them having a "monochromatic" paint scheme, (not having the two tone AZ beige/Pueblo Gold). I waved at most, if they could see me, but not a single one acknowledged me??? Of course, this is partly due to the way of the world now...everybody's in such a darn hurry, but some of them looked at me like I was frickin crazy, or going to go off on them, road rage style???
What has happened to the KR "brotherhood", other than the fact that there are now so many of them out there?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here in West Central Texas it is about average to see 5-10 KR's in about every ten minutes of driving. Usually Us Texans When Waved too will Wave back and some of em almost wreck there truck waving back lol.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I'd bet that most of the KR's I saw were not members of this forum, or the infamous IKRFTOC, (the International King Ranch Ford Truck Owner's Club), for those of you not in the know. Contact RockPick for further details on this "Exclusive" club. If they had been, I'm sure they would have at least waved?

Old 04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Thats Texas for ya.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Same here in Amarillo. KRs everywhere, not many folks acknowledge the wave. In three years, I have spoken to exactly two KR owners in town, and have had the "return wave" given by about four people.

Heck, there is another member of this site (I won't name names) that I've seen no less than eight times in the last twelve months.... He doesn't wave back either.

He doesn't have a KR though, so maybe he thinks I'm dissing him

Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 AM
I've never ever seen another King Ranch...and don't expect I ever will !!

(At least here in the UK !!)

Mind you I get an aweful lot of people looking and they are quite obviously thinking....."What the hell is that !!"
Especially as I keep the Texas plates on (Illegally I have to admit!), but I do enjoy the attention !

Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Especially as I keep the Texas plates on (Illegally I have to admit!), but I do enjoy the attention ![/QUOTE]

Lenny, do something "illegal"??? You have just destroyed my image of you! Ha... I'm sure you don't see many "across the pond" there Lenny. You probably don't have to worry too much about someone stealing your "attention"!

Trending Topics

Old 04-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lenticular
I've never ever seen another King Ranch...and don't expect I ever will !!

(At least here in the UK !!)

Mind you I get an aweful lot of people looking and they are quite obviously thinking....."What the hell is that !!"
Especially as I keep the Texas plates on (Illegally I have to admit!), but I do enjoy the attention !
I would love to move to Europe and drive a F-450 as my daily driver, lifted slightly of course.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Timberddoodles if I see you on the road I'll give ya wave. I have to agree, here in Myrtle Beach, SC I maybe see four or five KR's a day and would wave or look for the wave and nothing. I just moved here from Virginia and I'm use to everyone waving as you pass. Depending on your wave they can tell where your from LOL!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
If I were to drive all day long I could literally count hundreds of KRs.

Quick Reply: Number of KR's!