King Ranch

tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tailgate

this winter as i was loading my snowmobile into the back of my 07 kingranch, the track caught the plastic that goes above the tailgate, it got nice out this week so i repaired the lip that holds it in place, it had got crushed down. I put the plastic part back on, it had broke off one clip but its still fit on reallly good, well so I thought. When I got home from work today, i opened the tailgate, and to my suprise the plastic piece was gone, I will look tomrrow on my way to work, but if i dont find this part, i suppose its something to get used at the junkyard or do they sell them new?
thanks.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by racin
this winter as i was loading my snowmobile into the back of my 07 kingranch, the track caught the plastic that goes above the tailgate, it got nice out this week so i repaired the lip that holds it in place, it had got crushed down. I put the plastic part back on, it had broke off one clip but its still fit on reallly good, well so I thought. When I got home from work today, i opened the tailgate, and to my suprise the plastic piece was gone, I will look tomrrow on my way to work, but if i dont find this part, i suppose its something to get used at the junkyard or do they sell them new?
thanks.
Hard to follow there but, my interpretation - including some punctuation - would be that you were loading a snow mobile, caught the top beige molding on the tailgate and, ultimately, you lost the piece as it was broken from the aforementioned snow mobile incident...

That said, yes. You can buy that piece. I do not know the P/N or if it's available individually (although, I think it is). Contact www.fastpartsnetwork.com for help on locating the part and for a fair deal on getting a new one.

As you know, it's a simple 'snap in' kind of part. Several of the Lariat guys like the beige trim and have swapped out their black trim to the beige from the KR so, I'm certain that it exists.

Good luck.

-RP-

Old 04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re

ok thanks, yea i guess im not so good at explaining myself

Quick Reply: tailgate