King Ranch

The waiting game begins

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The waiting game begins

Well here it is: The official breakdown of my new King Ranch that is on order.
Hopefully it will be here near the end of March.
Man I wish I could visit the plant and watch this beast being built.
Whatcha think.

Forest Green Clearcoat Metallic
Pueblo Gold (Lower Panel Accent Color)

5.4L 3V EFI V8 FFV Engine ($0)
Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission w/Overdrive (Std)
3.73 Limited Slip Axle Ratio ($300)

18" 7-Spoke Aluminum Wheels w/King Ranch Paint Accents ($0)
P275/65Rx18 OWL All-Terrain (4) - (B.F. Goodrich) (Spare Tire - OWL All-Terrain
) ($0)

King Ranch Castaņo Leather Captain's Chairs with Manual Driver and Passenger Lumbar (Std)
Power Driver/Passenger Seats (Std)
Audiophile and 6-Disc, In-Dash CD Changer w/MP3 Capability and Auxiliary Audio Input Jack (Includes Subwoofer & Speed Compensated Volume Control) ($550)

Trailer Tow Package ($350)
Skid Plates ($160)

Integrated SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Includes 6 Month SIRIUS Subscription and Roof Mounted Antenna; Available in US Mainland (48 States) Only) ($195)
Overhead Rail Storage System (Incl. Large Storage Bin) ($0)
Power Adjustable Pedals (Std)
Power Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Tint ($250)
Reverse Sensing System ($245)
Power Fold Side Mirrors with Body Color Skull Caps (Includes Heat, Turn Signal, Puddle Lamps and Self-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side Only)) (Std)

Last edited by hmfic; 03-06-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Sounds awesome! I'm planning on ordering mine sometime in May, so there will be two sweet new KR's on the road in WI! Since you educated me on the WI lift laws, it looks like my KR will be sporting a 4" Rancho (instead of the 6" Fabtech) along with some new 35's (which I am hoping to be able to stick on the stock rims since the KR rims already look so good on the truck).

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up paying and what dealer did you use? The dealers here around Green Bay are quoting me $100 over invoice which sounds fair, but I'm wondering if they will go lower. How long did they say it would take to get here from the factory?

Congrats on the new truck!

Sean

Old 02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I got the KR for about $60 over invoice on a x-plan. Getting it from Osseo Ford which is 20 miles out from Eau Claire. They said it should be less than 8weeks.

Your truck is going to look great with the 4" Rancho. Any lift around here looks great because no one else has lifts. I just saw a Lariat with the Rancho on it the other day, and it looked awesome. He had 35 mud grapplers on stock 18"ers.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Doesn't all that stuff you listed come standard on a King Ranch? I mean, KR is top of the line, why would they give you "options" on what you want on it (besides the ext. paint)? If that were the case, you can get a Lariat (w/ options).

Old 02-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by jawjaboi
Doesn't all that stuff you listed come standard on a King Ranch? I mean, KR is top of the line, why would they give you "options" on what you want on it (besides the ext. paint)? If that were the case, you can get a Lariat (w/ options).
NOPE.. Pretty much the only thing that is "standard" on the KR that isn't on the Lariat, is the KR leather, power folding mirrors w/ puddle lamps, and color keyed door handles/mirrors.. Other than special color choices and KR grill / wheels, EVERYTHING else is still "options.

Youd think youd know this since you have one. I put all the "options" in bold for you.

Last edited by hmfic; 02-15-2007 at 12:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
NOPE.. Pretty much the only thing that is "standard" on the KR that isn't on the Lariat, is the KR leather, power folding mirrors w/ puddle lamps, and color keyed door handles/mirrors.. Other than special color choices and KR grill / wheels, EVERYTHING else is still "options.

Youd think youd know this since you have one.
I'm saying...KR is upposed to be TOP OF THE LINE!!! What is the point of having a KR model if Ford gives you "options"....Every KR I have seen is LOADED!! That's like someone going to a dealer and saying, "I want a KR, but no power mirrors". That's when the dealer would say, "Why don't you look at one of our Lariat Models". WHAT'S THE POINT!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 AM
I'm saying...KR is upposed to be TOP OF THE LINE!!! What is the point of having a KR model if Ford gives you "options"....Every KR I have seen is LOADED!! That's like someone going to a dealer and saying, "I want a KR, but no power mirrors". That's when the dealer would say, "Why don't you look at one of our Lariat Models". WHAT'S THE POINT!!!
I see your point that the KR is suppose to be top of the line, but do you think everyone wants to pay for a moonroof if you don't want it. I don't Or say a 70yr old that want to pay $550 for a audiophile system. Thats whats great about where we live, we have options. You pay for a KR for the style, the seats, to be unique; and you get it the way YOU want.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
I see your point that the KR is suppose to be top of the line, but do you think everyone wants to pay for a moonroof if you don't want it. I don't Or say a 70yr old that want to pay $550 for a audiophile system. Thats whats great about where we live, we have options. You pay for a KR for the style, the seats, to be unique; and you get it the way YOU want.
Well...Ford should advertise/sell the KR like any other "high end vehicle"......ALL equipment comes STANDARD! If you want options, go with a lesser vehicle...jmo

Old 02-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Well...Ford should advertise/sell the KR like any other "high end vehicle"......ALL equipment comes STANDARD! If you want options, go with a lesser vehicle...jmo
That could be what the Harley and Lincoln are for. Not sure though, I have never tried to build either of those.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's an update.
The Vin # has been created. I was hoping the truck would be build by now.
I called that VOPC number and found out the KR is suppose to be built the week of March 19th. I was kinda hoping to see it before this 0% financing runs out.

In the meantime I have a nice little pile of "MODS" starting for the new ride.
-Access tonneau cover
-AVS IN-channel ventvisors
-2" Autospring
-Tailgate EZ down, learned my lesson last time and put a dent in the tailgate.
-Spray in bed liner, $100 off for me at a Chevy dealer I use to work at.

ON-Reserve: a new set of BFG AT KO 285/65/18's or 305/65/18's?? I haven't decided yet. Also haven't decided on white letters in or out.. Any suggestions on both???????????
The dealer is giving me $500 for the take-off bfgs and price matching anything local on the AT KO's.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I like the the truck youve ordered, the only thing i wouldnt care for is the power slider, or the slider at all. I like the look and security of a solid rear window better. But thats just me

Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
I like the the truck youve ordered, the only thing i wouldnt care for is the power slider, or the slider at all. I like the look and security of a solid rear window better. But thats just me
Thanks. The slider is usefull for me, because the Lab sure isn't going to be riding inside for awhile.
Here's what it looks like, minus the 20's.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:55 PM
congrats on the new ride coming

Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by supachargd2k5
congrats on the new ride coming
Thanks.

I called the VOPC again and talked to a "analyst". She said that my truck is built and sitting in Kansas City. I figured it would be Dearborn like the last one.. Maybe the K.R's are from KC, anybody know?
I asked when it would be put on rail, and she said it won't be, its being transported all the way by "Alied Trucking." I guess thats a faster way to get to me, and it doesn't have to sit in a rail yard and collect rail dust!!
She said the expected delivery date to dealer is Mar 26th or 27th. I wish I could hack into that trucks GPS and be waiting at the dealer when it pulls in. My Bronco has been doing great as a daily driver but I miss my truck.

The BFG 305/65/18 AT KO's are also in. The dealer is 18 Interstate miles away, do you guys think that they will fit just for the drive home where I can install the leveling kit??
I know 285's fit w/o a leveling kit with zero rubbing. These are 1 inch taller and 1/2 wider..

Old 03-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Update:
Well apparently Ford has placed a "hold" on thousands of outgoing trucks (mine included) from the Kansas City plant. Now they are saying another 7 to 10 days.

The dealer is going to submit my paperwork to Ford as sold to basically lock me in for the current rebates / incentives, which is nice. I had driven to an autoshow just to get another $500 off which also would have expired. I just sit here picturing my truck sitting in some parking lot for the last 10 days while birds are sitting on the hood crapping on it!!

Quick Reply: The waiting game begins