King Ranch

Flying High....for Born4Flying....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying High....for Born4Flying....

As you correctly surmise we try to keep the "Roll Call" thread for just that, then anything that develops as a result can have a separate thread created.

This one won't have much to do with trucks, but we are pretty flexible as generally the guys (and gals...Skagel, where are you with those Lotuses), have other interests that we mention from time to time.
RP (Brad) knows that I first came to the States many moons ago with my UK pilots licence already in place. In those heady days the $ was 2.40 to the £., and I could get 4 hours flying in the US for every one in the UK.
Hence I came to Dallas /Fort Worth to get my US licence that has now been bringing me back for over 26 years and thus develop a love / hate relationship with the States. ( Don't ask !...But think the word 'awesome' and immigration officials/homeland security !)

I don't fly much anymore except in the comfort of the front end of commercial planes (Thats what collecting air miles for 26 years does for you!).
Partly because I myself have had a couple of near misses, and two of my closest friends have been killed in accidents. One in a mid-air whilst instructing, and one in France while displaying probably the worlds finest Spitfire.
I still look up every time I see anything fly over but get my solace from Richard Bach's "Gift of Wings", an absolute must read for any pilot !

Old 01-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I can understand why you would not fly much after losing good friends like that.

However, there's just something about flying that gets in your blood. And for those that have never experienced flying a plane, its hard to explain.

I do it for hobby and family transportation from time to time. I'm currently flying a Van's Aircraft RV8. It's a little rocketship and a blast. It's my happy place.... No one can call me or bother me while I'm "up there"

Blue Skies,
John

Quick Reply: Flying High....for Born4Flying....