King Ranch

New 2006 KR, hate the grill

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2006 KR, hate the grill

Just picked up my new 2006 KR today. It is Oxford White with an Arizona Beige accent as the secondary color. I never even looked at the truck before buying. I simply told the dealer what I wanted, he said he had one coming, and I bought it sight unseen. Yes, that was kind of stupid. It came with the 20' wheels. I am still trying to decide if I like them or not. However, I do know that I do not like the Arizona Beige Grill. Can I replace this grill with a Billet Grille that looks halfway decent? Anyone have any recommendations?

Old 12-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Have you done a "search"?

:santa:

Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i agrre with you. you think for the kind of money we spend on these trucks they would put something outstanding on them. it would be nice if they would offer as options what a lot of us do as aftermarket. i would have liked to have been able to get a factory nav system.

its no wonder ford and gm are closing so many plants and looking at bankrutpcy

Old 12-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Billet grills are a common modification.... not so much on the King Ranch but, if that floats your boat, that's what you need to do.

On white, I concur in that the beige grill doesn't look quite 'right'. On the other colors (green, black, copper, and grey), I think it looks pretty good.... it's all in the beholder's eye.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Billet grills are a common modification.... not so much on the King Ranch but, if that floats your boat, that's what you need to do.

On white, I concur in that the beige grill doesn't look quite 'right'. On the other colors (green, black, copper, and grey), I think it looks pretty good.... it's all in the beholder's eye.
I agree and think it looks best on the black or copper KRs. With the white trucks, there just doesn't seem to be enough contrast to make the grill color stand out.

I don't think a standard billet grill would look that good either, it seems like it would also look out of place on a white truck. I've seen colored billet grills on Expys, maybe a solid white one?

Old 12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
i dont know if you have noticed, but ford really dropped the ball on those grills....look at the model link, stx, fx4 and KR get the same grill, with minor paint differences, and the xlt, and lariat also get the same grill, with minor paint differences...

and the order in luxury is

stx, xlt, fx4, lariat, KR, nice, so whoever decided to do the grills just said, lets alternate both designs throughout the different lines...

dumb

Old 12-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah i agree that the new grills are kinda goofy lookin. I have a 2001 Lariat, if i had a new truck id add that Tonka Grill that matches the new superduties and rangers. I bet we'll see ford change the grill next year, or at least offer one similar to the superduty.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:55 PM
FYI, be careful about putting on the Carriage Works (or similar) billet grill. I have posted in another post about the sound problems I am dealing with on mine. If I can't adjust it enough to eliminate the sound, it is going to get replaced with the HD grill, just wish it was available without the Ford oval.

Does anyone know if an aftermarket one is available that looks like the HD one without the logo?

Mods since pics: 5" OEM Nerf Bars, 2" a$$ lowered, 20" OEM wheels / tires, and most important xCal2 ordered......waiting anxiously!!

Future Mods: Not sure at this point, hard on the wallet!

Old 12-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the factory harley davidson grille, but that is just personal preference

I do agree the tan KR grille looks lame

its the same grille as the XL, just a different color, and the tan color makes it look worse even

of course, I have to ask. why would anyone plop that kind of money down on a truck they have not even seen??

Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 PM
On Fords site looked at

Last edited by centexKR; 07-31-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:14 PM
I have to ask. why would anyone plop that kind of money down on a truck they have not even seen?? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that does sound stupid, but I had seen Lariat's and other KR's, just not one that was white and had 20" wheels. I knew I liked white, and thought 20" wheels looked a little different than they actually looked. I did not know the grill would be tan; I thought it would be chrome or stainless or something similiar. The 20" wheels took some getting used to. They use a lower profile tire than most 4x4 trucks. However, the tires that came on them were Pirelli Scorpions and they look and ride great. I have gotten used to the wheels and actually think they look pretty cool now. However, the grill has to go. I will definitely be getting the HD grill. I recently added a DVD entertainment system, the overhead kind even though I have a sunroof. The install looks pretty good. I got an Alpine system and the screen, headphones, DVD player, etc. perform better than I anticipated. I also recently got a Line-X bedliner and an Agri-Cover Tonneau. The bedliner has a little harder material than I would have preferred, but it looks great. The tonneau is pretty solid, but I would have preferred a tan cover but couldn't find one.

Next in line is a speaker replacement and the addition of a couple of amps which I already have.

All in all, I am very happy with the truck. I always have someone asking me about it when I gas up. I did find one more negative though. You have to be very careful what you place in the seats. They scratch very easily. Is there anyway to get minor scratches out of the leather. The guys installing my DVD put a couple of scratches on the front passenger seat and I set my briefcase on the back seat and scratched it. Oh well, it didn't take me long to break it in

Old 12-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I bought my 2006 KR F150 ( dark copper/tan ) without looking closely at the grill. Now that I have looked, I do find it boring and now I have to make sure that I don't scratch the seats.
Why did I want a KR? I'm not a cowboy. Heck, I don't even need a truck. ???? :o
Oh well, at least I like my KR, boring grill and delicate seats notwithstanding.

Last edited by walc; 12-22-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Wow I thought I was the only one that didnt like the king Ranches Grill.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:28 PM
I actually like the stock grill, but the HD is growing on me more...

Old 12-30-2005, 12:21 PM
I got a Trenz billet grill for my Expy for Christmas which I just mounted on the truck (both upper and lower grills). I like the new look even though I was a little apprehensive using a polished grill with all the brushed metal but it looks a lot nicer than the OEM one.

Quick Reply: New 2006 KR, hate the grill