King Ranch

does anyone regrat buying a king ranch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does anyone regrat buying a king ranch?

I am still trying to decide if I want a king ranch. Does anyone wish they would of bought something with out the king ranch leather? I love the leather and look of the leather when its new but not real sure I like the look of some of the trucks that I have seen after a few years. Please help make my decesion easier.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
I somehow think it unlikely you will find anyone here who regrets buying a KR !!

Neither will you if you take a little care and pride in the leather and it's treatment !

Old 10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Not sure who's trucks you've seen after a few years, but I assure you it couldn't be any of the members here. It is most likely someone who doesn't realize the leather takes care and is much different than typical vehicle leather. I have seen many of these go through ebay and the pictures are horrendous. I would not buy any of the used ones I have seen on ebay because the leather is in awful condition. I definitely don't regret my purchase, except that the newer ones are nicer in some ways and would like to have one of them. It also depends what you want the truck for. If you want it for a true truck and will be getting the interior muddy, wet, etc, I wouldn't suggest the higher maintenance King Ranch leather.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Never for a minute have I wished I bought a different truck. I thank the guy who drug me to the Ford dealership kicking and screaming because I didn't want to buy an American vehicle everytime I get in my truck.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:23 AM
A Considered Decision

It has been said, "We can be knowledgable with other men's knowledge but we cannot be wise with other men's wisdom." This decision is ultimately yours. I will however offer some advice for what it is worth to you.
You are contemplating a huge expense here. Utility has little to do with the decision, as it is obvious that the function of the vehicle can easily be acheived at a much lower cost. Those who choose this truck are looking for much more than utility. The beauty, the details, and yes, the quality of the leather attract us to the investment. Premium automobiles and trucks are special.
We can not tell you what is best for you. Only you can decide this. The King Ranch is the top of the food chain in high end pick-up trucks. There is no equal. There isn't even a close second. To me personally, that quality means something, and I am willing to sacrifice for it. I am willing to pay more money. I am willing to be more selective about what I do with the truck. I am willing to spend the time detailing it and caring for the interior. That is my choice. I guarantee you that you will never see my vehicle in a condition that would give you or anyone a second thought about owning one.
There are many great trucks out there. The KR is a breed apart. If your needs are utilitarian, don't spend the money. If however, you, like many of us, have a deeper appreciation for the inherent beauty of this unique vehicle, buy it straight away. And don't look at those other trucks. Those aren't YOUR truck after all! You're going to take care of your leather!
Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:28 AM
We bought our KR for my wife as a daily driver and occasional "haul stuff around" . She takes meticulas care of her vehicles. I on the other hand am not so gifted, and last year we started using it to pull a camp trailer and go camping. In and out of dirty and sandy situations. Crap getting packed in and out, kid arfing in the back seat on long trips, etc.

When it's finally time to trade I'm NOT getting another King Ranch. It's a beautiful leather, but it requires LOTS of TLC. Most of these people here go above and beyond the call of duty to care for their vehicles, therefore they LOVE their KR's.

edit: oh, and recently we traded our expediton in on a car for my wife as a daily driver and I now drive the KR.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Not a chance I regret the purchase. In fact, I had no idea just how much I was going to love this machine (my wife is very, very jealous...I watch her closely when she's around that thing). I am seriously thinking about a basic truck to complement the KR, though. There are some things I do with four wheels that I feel guilty about doing to such a beautiful truck. What I'm really leaning towards is buying my wife something new and taking her Jeep over for beating around the trail in.

It is an investment in time as well as $$. I haven't washed, waxed, vacuumed, and otherwise detailed a vehicle so much since bachelorhood.

Honestly, I would say if you're on the fence, don't do it. You should really, really be dreaming about owning a KR before you get out your checkbook. Your off-the-lot depreciation will be more than some cars cost.

My thoughts, anyway...

Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
I have absolutely no regrets. I love it evertime I get in it and get to drive it. I have always compromised when buying a vehicle. I would always get less than I really wanted. The KR is the first vehicle where I went to my dealer and said I want the ablsolutely best 150 you have and I want everything there is to have on it. The leather does take more care but it is really worth it. The KR has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat on in a vehicle and is an absolute dream to drive on long trips. You will not regret it.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Bumblebee
I have absolutely no regrets. I love it evertime I get in it and get to drive it. I have always compromised when buying a vehicle. I would always get less than I really wanted. The KR is the first vehicle where I went to my dealer and said I want the ablsolutely best 150 you have and I want everything there is to have on it. The leather does take more care but it is really worth it. The KR has the most comfortable seats I have ever sat on in a vehicle and is an absolute dream to drive on long trips. You will not regret it.
Hear, hear! I second (or sixth or seventh) these emotions! To drive a KR is more than just transportation, it is carrying on a love affair without feeling guilty.

We are a passionate lot, aren't we? Yet I see other friends feel the same way about their boat, or power tools, etc. Most of us were looking for something more than just a nice ride. For the same money, I could have bought any number of nice rides, but how could it compare to a KR?

If you want utility, buy any truck (Ford preferably). If you're looking for utility AND a little prestige, then you want a King Ranch.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by markbec1
I am still trying to decide if I want a king ranch. Does anyone wish they would of bought something with out the king ranch leather? I love the leather and look of the leather when its new but not real sure I like the look of some of the trucks that I have seen after a few years. Please help make my decesion easier.
If you are trying to decide then maybe it's not for you? lol Just kidding! I traded an 03 Quadcab HEMI for my 05 KR and I have never looked back. The very finest truck I have ever purchased. A bit pricey, but at this stage of my life I was ready for the best and I bought it.

Old 10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
no chance i'm regretting it anytime soon

i love this truck...it's my first truck. i'm heading down south from norman, ok to fort worth, tx today just to show it off to the in-laws.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Honey Of A Truck

I have a 2001 KR Supercrew, which I leased for 48 months. I only have 3 payments to go before the lease ends. And I am already missing it! Now it's time to get a new vehicle and there is no other vehicle around that even comes close to being considered. I love this damn truck! I have 20's on it with crome dubs, tinted, the KR mudflaps, the roll-n-lock cover, etc. It is a 2x4, sit's low and looks way cool. This was confirmed one evening when I pulled up in front of a very posh dowtown condo, when a female resident came out looking like a million bucks, saw the truck, stoped in her tracks and uttered those sweet words.... "Now THAT's a honey of a truck!!!" Need I say more?

Old 10-29-2005, 12:52 PM
I have never regreted my purchase. As for care of the leather it is as easy as feeding the KR leather conditioner to the seats every couple of months. I slather it on and every time you get in it smells like a baseball mit.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 PM
A a matter of Vision

There are those who see. Those that think they see. Then those who will never see.
A KR transends the visual realm. Drive one and you will see a beautiful, well crated machine = to any luxury vehicle on the road today at any price. After cleaning and conditioning ,the aroma of the leather seats inspires one to good cognac and fine cigar afterwards. The quiet, smooth ride for me is alone worth the price. The audiophile systme is outstanding,top of the line.The truck has an undenialble rugged beauty about it. Refined to luxury, yet capable of any task a truck was designed for. Like a bull rider wearing a tuxedo. A well defined blend of man and machine. Unlike anything else on the road.

When I started looking for a new truck, I drove Chevy Burbs for the past 8 years, I looked at all of the full size trucks. My thoughts: The imports, to many gadgets, and selling points...just could not see it..the truck I wanted. The other American full size trucks....thought I saw a good truck. The KR.,well , drive one and you will SEE. Ford created a Truck that fulfills my Vision of what (my) a truck should be. Vision is a sense beyond that of sight! Of course this is MHO.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Well CRATED machine ...?!

Did yours come flat pack then !?

Quick Reply: does anyone regrat buying a king ranch?