King Ranch

New pics of my KR

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New pics of my KR

This afternoon turned out to be nice, sunny and cool, so as it went on I decided to give the truck a quick wash and wax. Well, there's very little "quick" about washing and waxing a King Ranch! Anyhow, I think I set a speed record, because I started running out of daylight and I wanted to get it all waxed. Came out looking GREAT!

I also removed those cheezy "4x4" stickers - it looks MUCH classier now.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6582

Old 10-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Lookin' Good! Really like the 4x4 stickers removed.....much nicer!

Garry42

Old 10-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good... when you find some time to 'pimp shine' the tires, be sure to clean up those wheel wells too!

After having a 'wimpy 4X2' (per Skagel back in 2002), I'm partial to having the 4X4 stickers... hehehe

--RP--

Old 10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Black05KR

I also removed those cheezy "4x4" stickers - it looks MUCH classier now.

Good for you! You know, if you remove the "King Ranch" emblems, it would make it ALOT classier as well!!!

Old 10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Oops.

Originally Posted by RockPick
Looks good... when you find some time to 'pimp shine' the tires, be sure to clean up those wheel wells too!

--RP--
HA! Didn't notice how much that shows up! The flash from the camera really makes it stand out. Rats. I was moving pretty quickly because I was running out of daylight - I mainly wanted to get the dust off and a coat of wax on.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Black05KR
HA! Didn't notice how much that shows up! The flash from the camera really makes it stand out. Rats. I was moving pretty quickly because I was running out of daylight - I mainly wanted to get the dust off and a coat of wax on.
You won't get that kind of detail past a detail man like RP. I'm guessing he was being kind by not mentioning that water spot on the hood!

Seriously, check out the detailing forum for some great advice and pointers. I walked into some great products without any trial and error by reading up there before getting started.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Good looking truck! Of course I'm a little biased since it's the same color as mine (well mine needs a wash right now). Like RockPick though, I'm kinda partial to the 4X4 stickers. I think they're the best looking ones of all the manufacturers, if you like that sort of thing.

Now I have to start thinking about my next wax job, thanks Black05KR!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Good looking truck - I have the exact same thing. Now it is time to rip off the front license plate bracket (easy to do and no holes left behind) and tint the front windows to match the rest of the windows. I just did this on mine today and it looks like a brand new truck. Fantastic color combination!

Old 10-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Very nice!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Representing Central VA

Nice to see another Richmonder. I took off the dealer stickers, but kept the 4x4 - didn't want anyone to think I would drive a 4x2

I live South of Town in Brandermill, but work North of town (Brook/Paraham). Got to love the King Ranch as my commute to work truck - I look at it as getting the US economy a kick start

Old 10-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You like? LINE-X non-fading color match. Light and shadows makes it look like it may not match, but it does.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 10-04-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback

As far as ripping off the front license plate bracket, no can do - front plates required here in VA. I'm thinking I'd eventually get pulled over for not having the front plate on.

I'm STILL waiting for my King Ranch license plate frame - it's been back-ordered for WEEKS. Come to think of it, I should follow up and ask them what the heck is going on. I want to throw away the cheap plastic one with the dealer's name on it.

I also plan on getting the gap filler for the front grille. I think that improves the look tremendously. Still can't figure out why the heck they left that open.

As far as the bedliner: I thought about getting it in some color, thought about getting the Ford logo, etc. Finally decided to just go ahead with simple black. I like it - they did such a great job, everyone thinks it was a factory option. I say "nope" but it should be - don't you think? I'd bet they could sell tons of liner installs if they offered it as a factory option, and I'd bet they could beat the price of local dealers. Not that I'm advocating putting the little guy out of business, mind you, but I'm surprised they haven't thought of it and done it yet.

Black truck, black bed liner, black hard tonneau... hehehe... yeah.

I also thought about getting the front windows tinted but - there ya go again, getting pulled over. I know for a hard fact that police in the Richmond, VA area WILL pull you over for having tinted front windows. `tis illegal in VA.

Oh well, at least it's not NJ... hehehe (it's O.K. - I'm allowed to make NJ jokes, because I was born there and lived there for the first 35 years of my life - unfortunately took me that long to wise up and get out).

Old 10-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As for the gap... I think it was designed as a 'step'... at least that's what's been speculated in the circles... very goofy if you ask me as well... The GAP insert makes a big difference in my eyes too... that's why I have one.

On the bedliner... I've seen Skagel's KR with a AZ Beige spray in (line-x I believe) and it looks VERY sharp... I continue to consider that as an option for my truck.

RP

Old 10-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Why not get a bedrug? It is lightweight, durable and only $285. I have one in my Lightning, and also one in this truck. They take a beating, and still look like new. It velcro's in, and I keep my load anchors. it is completely weather resistant.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bedrug is a good product. The only negative comments I have ever heard (and they are minor) are the following:
1. Only comes in one color, gray.
2. Tends to sag a bit after a while.
3. Traps moisture between the rug and the bed.
4. You need to get used to looking at carpet in your bed.

Quick Reply: New pics of my KR