King Ranch

06 KR fisrt impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 KR fisrt impressions

..got the thing last Friday...here my first impression after 200 miles...

On the plus side....build quality is very very good, no rattle, all seams are straight, everything works well. Leather is a tad darker but outside of this community of fans nobody will notice. Ride is very good...but it is big eventhough my past ride was a Yukon...but it give a very roomy cabin and an oustanding driving position Premium sound system is out of this world...absolute must , folding mirrors are a nice feature, 20"whells look very nice but I can not comment if they add or take from the ride quality and the last but not the least..I had it factory ordered on preliminary pricing...came at 2600$ CAN less the when order was placed

On the minus side...KR carpet way too cheap to bear KR logo, this thing weight 5000 pounds and it show in accelaration and breaking

Things I question: why put the fuel and temp gage as secondary (black background more difficult to read) while the oil pressure gage(which i think is only a bipolar swtich anyway) and Amp as primary (i.e in white background pod) . Why only a 6 position power seat and not 8, why memory recall seat only and not mirrors setting as well?

Overall a heck of a truck

Old 09-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by SMJBA
Things I question: why put the fuel and temp gage as secondary (black background more difficult to read) while the oil pressure gage(which i think is only a bipolar swtich anyway) and Amp as primary (i.e in white background pod) . Why only a 6 position power seat and not 8, why memory recall seat only and not mirrors setting as well?

Good questions that I'm sure a lot of members in this forum have asked with the '05 model. It's these little things that I get annoyed with if I dwell on them... so I don't.

I agree it's a "heck of a truck" but I was hoping the newer model would "correct" some of these deficiencies. Oh well, there's always the '07s! I've learned to live the little quirks that have been posted previously, it's kind of like a pet, you have to love it no matter what...

Old 09-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear they're finally rolling again (seemed like those who ordered were being held up for something very minor). I'm looking forward to some more pics of these things. Seems like the fog/driving lights are the big exterior change.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by SMJBA
..got the thing last Friday...here my first impression after 200 miles...

On the plus side....build quality is very very good, no rattle, all seams are straight, everything works well. Leather is a tad darker but outside of this community of fans nobody will notice. Ride is very good...but it is big eventhough my past ride was a Yukon...but it give a very roomy cabin and an oustanding driving position Premium sound system is out of this world...absolute must , folding mirrors are a nice feature, 20"whells look very nice but I can not comment if they add or take from the ride quality and the last but not the least..I had it factory ordered on preliminary pricing...came at 2600$ CAN less the when order was placed

On the minus side...KR carpet way too cheap to bear KR logo, this thing weight 5000 pounds and it show in accelaration and breaking

Well.....when the he!l you gonna post some pics?.......

Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Details.....

Don't loose sight of the forest for the trees... if they would have put the guagges the way you see it , there would be someone else wondering why they arent were they are now. .Not bieng picky, but you should have been drivin a suburban for the past 8 years, then you would really understand what nice truck it really is.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I saw a copper KR on a lot today with the 20" wheels.

They look (cover your eyes Lenny) Awesome

the pics don't do them justice. The KR center cap really sets them apart from a lariat

Congrats on finally taking delivery

now take some pics for us

Quick Reply: 06 KR fisrt impressions