King Ranch

Leather CPR WORKS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather CPR WORKS!!!!!

I just got my hands on some Leather CPR Cleaner/Conditioner and this is the perfect product for our King Ranch leather. Honestly, my leather has never been this soft, not even when it was new. It seems like the more you put on it, the softer it gets. It doesnt leave any white residue after it dries and it does not darken the leather. Awesome Product!

Old 03-01-2005, 02:13 AM
It's so great to see more KR owners using the product that I found about and posted here back in June, 2004.

Just finished "touching up" the front seats tonight with Leather CPR. Now if only the rest of the truck was as easy to take care of. Washing and detailing the KR takes its toll on this 55 year old body!

Old 03-02-2005, 08:47 AM
I need to touch up my seats with a little CPR. Just curious, do you just use a thin coating or do you glob it on and let is soak in for a bit?

Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
Thin coating where you need it. Never glob it on as a little does go a long way.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:11 PM
I globbed it on, I bought the big bottle. Stuff works wonders, I just wish I could get my steering wheel clean. Anyone have any ideas on that?

Old 03-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by KlNG RANCH
I globbed it on, I bought the big bottle. Stuff works wonders, I just wish I could get my steering wheel clean. Anyone have any ideas on that?
While I haven't tried it, some here have mentioned that baby soap (specifically Dove which isn't available in the USA) was a great cleaner.

I have, however, utilized hot water and a wash cloth to achive pretty good results. I couldn't seem to get the stitching back to white though...

RP

Old 03-04-2005, 09:47 PM
I just picked up some LeatherCPR at the Restoration store in NW Portland. The girl who checked me out was amazed that I read about it online - said it was a good product per customer feedback, but was still very surprised and was inquiring about exactly where its reputation was spreading in the online world.

Can't wait to try it. Right now I am fixing a few other issues on the new truck first before I do it.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:06 AM
i just bought some of this stuff on tuesday at bed,bath&beyond...used it yesterday on everything...worked fantastic on the seats, they look brand new; worked great on the console lid, didnt work so well on the steering wheel. there's a sticky spot on the top center...gonna try to use the kr leather cleaner when i get around to it to try to make it smooth again. but besides the steering wheel, it's an unbelievable product! Thanks a lot cjw, your recommendation made me get the stuff. i will never use anything else to condition the seats!!!

-joe

Old 03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Steering Wheel Care:

Following the advice of RockPick (Brad) - get yourself a couple of clean, white cotton towels and some hot water. What I did was to prep the leather to be cleaned like getting a shave at the barber shop - wring out one of the HOT towels and place it directly on the area to be cleaned and let the heat loosen and bring the oils and soil to the surface. Then gentle rub the area clean using the towel, changing it as it becomes discolored. It's not a quick process; be prepared - have a cold one . The leather will get soaked but that's OK as long as you let it completely dry once you're done cleaning. Once dried you can go over any area that still has not come as clean as you would like (really depends on the amount of oils and soil) - mine took two (2) really deep cleanings before the colors began looking more like the back of the front seat).
Once completely dry apply the Leather CPR a couple of times to the wheel.

It's all in the hot towel cleaning. I went through three (3) tall ones cleaning mine originally.

And a hint to keeping the steering wheel looking fine - when I am behind the wheel for longer than a few minutes, I have a wheel cover that I slip on to keep my hands off of the leather - specially on long road trips - as the slip on cover allows me to place my hands where they feel comfortable. Then I slip it off and store under the seat.

Another ARKRO suggestion !!!!!

(edit for spellcheck)

Last edited by cjw3cma; 03-05-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:40 PM
We bought our KR in January, so the leather is really new. Just to be sure, it is okay to use this to begin my conditioning program for my leather, right?

I ask, cause the girl at Restoration seemed surprised also that I would use this particular product on a brand new leather, as they mostly sell it to fix troubled leather.

Thanks KingRanchSCO2 for mentioning you got yours at BB&B - didn't know they sold it, and would be a much more convenient place for me to get more (parking a big truck type issues).

Old 03-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Tripleshot
We bought our KR in January, so the leather is really new. Just to be sure, it is okay to use this to begin my conditioning program for my leather, right?
No problem beginning the conditioning program on your newer truck. Keeping the leather "moisturized" is your goal and cleaning / conditioning it once a month will keep it looking like new.

Last edited by cjw3cma; 03-05-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by cjw3cma
No problem beginning the conditioning program on your newer truck. Keeping the leather "moisturized" is your goal and cleaning / conditioning it once a month will keep it looking like new.

<snip>Found the BEST price for Leather CPR[/URL] - says "clearance" so quantity may be limited (I'm in for 3 of them).
I would express a word of caution with the site above... I just tried to order a couple of bottles and when I went to checkout, it already had the bill to and ship to name of someone in San diego already filled in !!! On top of it, it also had their AMEX card to bill to! (last 4 #'s and expiration date visible). I could have changed the "ship to" and ordered on their AMEX card but I would never want that to happen to me....

Anyways.... just a word of caution....perhaps it was a fluke but nevertheless......

Last edited by Rockpick; 03-05-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If cjw is buying, I'm in for a bottle or two. Gotta see if his AmEx card number is still on the checkout page.

Old 03-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Holy Cr*p, Batman. I just got off the phone with the previously referenced web site and my account has been put on hold with all orders cancelled.

I cancelled my original order plus the two (2) placed by other people (I know who you are - I have your mailing addresses) and the web site is investigating how this happened.

Many thanks to MikeF150 for alerting me to this "situation".

Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, dam. Does this mean you're not buying my leather cleaner for me?

Quick Reply: Leather CPR WORKS!!!!!