King Ranch

2005 KR Expy

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 KR Expy

I found a 2005 King Ranch Expedition on a local dealers lot so I couldn't resist the opportunity to go take a look and shoot some pictures. It was so new, it had not even been inspected or prep'd yet. They had to go get it from their back lot where they keep newly delivered vehicles and bring it up front so I could see it. What a beautiful vehicle and it had everything on it; a DVD player, a navigation system, a sun roof, you name it, this vehicle had it.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Three more pictures:

I took about 25 to 30 pictures but only put 10 in my gallery. Since it hadn't been prep'd, it wasn't as clean as it could have been. The dealer is suppose to prep it this week and give me a call so I go drive it next weekend. That may not be such a good thing to do but I'm going to temp fate anyway. Besides, its only money!

Old 01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I was picking up my headphones/remote package today at the dealer and they had a KR Expy on the showroom floor that was the same color as the one you saw. To be honest, I didn't like the dash layout or the step tube bars. I don't know why they can't use the same dash look as the F150. It looks to me like the KR Expy was an afterthought on the Expy. The side tube bars are a worse match than the F150's, and the dash didn't look as nice as it could have - no wood or leather anywhere. Even the steering wheel looked mismatched because it was wood/vinyl and not wrapped in castano...

Sorry for the negative post, but IMHO it just doesn't stack up.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Oh, It stacks up perfectly !

Thanks for the pictures Chestnut....had a look at the gallery and that's the nearest I'm going to get to my KR Expy for a few weeks 'til I get back.

If you do get the chance to take any more see if you can get a shot with the back row of seats in place.

The fact that the steering wheel is not wrapped in Castano is probably a good thing as it was the main bone of contention when it came to keeping the leather looking good.

Of course the KR treatment is an afterthought...it was on the F150 too.

The side steps can be easily replaced if necessary and as for there being no faux wood on the dash I think that is a good thing.

I have the "wood" on the dash in my Lariat and it grates on me every time I step into it. It is so obviously "not" wood (Ouch...what a pun !) it would be better off without it.

(If you don't know what I mean look inside a Range Rover.....I think the KR Expy is nicely understated and I'm looking forward to seeing one 'in the flesh'.)

Old 01-09-2005, 08:32 AM
I do think the KR Expy is an after thought. If you look at the 2005 Expedition booklet in the dealer showroms, there are no pictures or even mention of the KR trim line. It makes you think the KR trim line on the Expy was decided on after the booklet was printed.

By the way, there are two more KR Expys at dealers on the southside which is where I work. Both are Estate Green. I thought I'd try and swing by one of them on my lunch break this week and see how the green stacks up against the white.

Lenticular -

What color is yours?

Old 01-09-2005, 08:43 AM
The one ordered to my spec was Estate green.

Since I won't be Stateside for about 6 weeks I gave the dealer the go ahead to sell my one and I will get another.

See this thread if you hadn't already.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hreadid=179681

I'm really not at all thrilled with the color availability and think I actually prefer white.

I wish I could get the Gold offered on the limited, but of course I would not get the Castano Leather with that.

Last edited by Lenticular; 01-09-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its a pretty vehicle. I have kicked around the idea of getting a limited expedition, but I like that king ranch too.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I checked one out today...

My sales guy called to tell me that he had one on the lot if I wanted to look so I dropped in on the way home from work...

All I can say is: "HOLY MOTHER OF CASTANO GOODNESS!"

This thing is VERY nice.

The castano grab handles are such a nice touch!

I love it...

I'm still upset that Lenny didn't have his sent up here to KY for 'safe-keeping'. I'll try to set aside all the deep pain that he inflicted by not having it sent but... *sniff* I'll survive.

RP

Old 02-11-2005, 03:11 AM
I called my sales guy today at the dealership to let him know we will be back over there next week.
As I think I told you we were on vacation on Malta at Christmas and much to my surprise received a message to say that the KR Expedition they had let me order back in October had arrived.
I had been expecting delivery not before February and I think it caught the dealer out as well., since of course thanks to the information we exchange on this board it was I who had told them about the KR originally.
I think it must have been one of the very first KR Expys delivered anywhere.

Because I knew we were not back for 8 weeks I told them to go ahead and sell it thinking I would get another in due course.

However it seems they are in very short supply and when I spoke to my people there yesterday I was told they have in fact kept it for me without showing it to other potential buyers, so of course I now feel obliged to go ahead even though up 'til yet I was unsure, especially of the Estate green color.
I was hoping to compare it with other colours (All 3 of them !!!),
but they have not had another KR delivered to them in the last 8 weeks, so maybe I am lucky with that one.

I have been given a good price with X Plan and also a Ford Rebate which is available now, but it all depends on the price I'm offered for my 2004 Lariat.
I can't really justify selling a truck after just a year with only 8000 on the clock, but we all know how Castano gets to us....right ?!

Last edited by Lenticular; 02-11-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Moderator &

Originally posted by Lenticular
...but we all know how Castano gets to us....right ?!
That's such an understatement.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Brad....
Remind me.......did we ever come to a conclusion about forum names when the KR is generally available in the Expy version.

Do I continue annoying people here, on the Expy board, or have a dedicated KR forum where you can excommunicate me when I get irritable.

(Like every day)

Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Moderator &

You really are an irritable guy. No doubt there John. HAHA!

I'll fire Steve an email with the question.

-RP-

Old 02-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I was looking on ebay and saw this one check out the 1st and 2nd picture and tell me what is different.

link

Are there really holes for the emblems?

Old 02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
That's weird. Since it's here I may go by and check it out. That's a really cheap buy it now price too, isn't it?

Old 02-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Moderator &

Even more weird... it says EDDIE BAUER KING RANCH on the window sticker...

Quick Reply: 2005 KR Expy