King Ranch

Truck Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Update

It seems my truck will be repaired. First estimates are at about $14,000. What a nightmare!!!

Old 01-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the update Liny. Please keep us abreast of the events that are unfolding. Plus, if there is anything that we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

RP

Old 01-07-2004, 11:40 AM
The adjuster said when he got to $21,000 on my truck he stopped because he knew it was totalled (link to pics in sig below). I would have thought looking at your pictures that you were closer to that than $14,000.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Now is this the estimate from the a place reccomended by the insurance company? I'd have a couple other places look at it if it's not somebody you already trust. If thier numbers are way off from the INS companies then I would suggest to look into it further.

I just heard about a story of a guy using an insurance company recommended place to repair a roof here in FL. I guess the roofing company went out of buisiness not long after and the roof is a disaster. The State of Florida apparently says you don't have to use the ins. recommended place, New York might be the same way. If they're gonna repair it make sure it's done right.

I hope you don't end up with a bunch of hassles with this. At least noone was hurt and have to be dealing with that too. Gotta be an optimist you know

Old 01-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
I' am suprised that they are going to fix it. Go to www.iaai.com and look at all the trucks that have less damage than yours and are in a insurance auction.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
My insurance company wanted to take it to a toyota dealer for repair? I had them take it to Gary Yeomanns Ford. The estimates were done by adjusters. The ford dealer is no doing a tear down of the truck to look for other damage and give it's own estimate.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Finally got a rental to use till repairs are done. Seems since the accident happened in Florida they have some kind of equal value deal for rentals. That is since I had a full size pickup they had to provide me with a similiar truck. Pickeked up an 04 Chevy tahoe 4x4 to use. It's brand new, never been rented before.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by LINYScrew
Finally got a rental to use till repairs are done. Seems since the accident happened in Florida they have some kind of equal value deal for rentals. That is since I had a full size pickup they had to provide me with a similiar truck. Pickeked up an 04 Chevy tahoe 4x4 to use. It's brand new, never been rented before.

time for the compare test!

Quick Reply: Truck Update