King Ranch

Chaos...before you attack your leather...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaos...before you attack your leather...

I hope you see this before you treat your seats so I have repeated here the reply posted under your original thread.

Chaos.....You must not use any proprietry product before you have neutralized the stain.

If you use any of the regular products you will seal the stain in rather than get rid of it.

Mix up a small bowl of luke warm soapy water.....but only a very small amount of soap...and saddle soap if you can get it.
The soap MUST be neutral. Carefully wipe the area that has the stain with a cloth dampened in the mixture and let it dry thoroughly.
Only then treat the seat with any product that is marketed as a "hide food".

Good luck., but please realise that leather will attain a patina over the years from use and accidents.
I know it is nice to have the leather looking pristine but there will come a time when although the leather can be kept supple by regular feeding it will have the marks that daily use will provide !

Old 07-31-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks Lenny! I'm going to the saddle shop today to find out what neutral soap is. I'm so glad you wrote to me.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 08-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Lenticular:
You are so wise!
The saddle shop had no idea what a neutral soap is!
However, we have a house guest who has a 6 month old child and she said that baby soap is neutral (she is a cleaning guru!)
I used Baby Dove on the seat and it came right out. I also used it on a stain on my centre console that has been there since I bought my truck. It was a sweat stain left behind by I can only imagine was a giant, sweaty slob who owned the truck for only months before I bought it. That stain came right out too - something I tried to get rid of many times before. I'm going to attack it again to finish the job.
Damoncaravanman:
I think it will work wonders on the black that has built up on the steering wheel also!
Once all is cleaned, I will give it a healthy dose of Lexol, since it is already looking quite dry (although not concerningly so - made-up word, perhaps).
Good on ya mate! - thanks Lenny.

Quick Reply: Chaos...before you attack your leather...