King Ranch

KR antena base?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KR antena base?

found this and thought it was interesting...my Tomas came with a black base...I bought a chrome one for $15...total rip off since you can buy one off a Navigator for less then $3.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2414630699

Old 05-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Skagel,
The Navi base is $5.69 from the dealer. (I just bought one.) They are chrome plated plastic. The one shown on ebay is billet and looks to be nicer. I may get one!
Thanks for the tip.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
OH...I wasn't sure what the dealership sells them for....I got one for my mom's truck for $2.80, but that is the Ford employee price....not sure on the billet though.....looks just as nice as my mom's...working on adding a little thing to it to cover the black entirely and acetoning the antenna....I just swapped antennas with my sister...she has an '02 ranger that had the stainless antenna.....gave her my black one which actually looks better anyways.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:38 PM
I painted mine charcoal blue. I was tired of the wax not coming off the black plastic. Of course, I did my mirrors and wiper cowl as well. Away with the black plastic!!

Old 05-12-2003, 01:26 PM
I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Hey dufunnel it sounds like a great idea. Did you do it yourself? how do they look? I bet it makes the truck look much better.

Old 05-14-2003, 08:58 AM
No I did not do it myself. I tried my hand at the painting when I got my Street Scene wiper cowl, but it just didn't turn out right. So, I have a friend from the other F150 site who paints professionally who is giving me a great deal on doing parts on the side. He did all the grey plastic trim on the soon-to-be wife's Sport Trac and is now working on some odds and ends from my truck. He does a great job and it is VERY reasonable in pricing. Too bad you all aren't here in Florida, I could send you his way. He does it for some extra money on the side.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:30 AM
I recently purchased the antennae for a F-250/F-350 and put it on the truck. I like it as it has that rubber sleeve on it. It is fat at the bottom and it tepers as it goes up the antennae. I think it looks better than the regular antennae. Just my opinion. I also added 22" wiper blades, easy cheap mod for better wipe on the windshield.

Old 05-16-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by dufunnel
Too bad you all aren't here in Florida, I could send you his way. He does it for some extra money on the side.
Hey, since I live in Florida (and real close to you) can you send him my way. I've got a couple black pieces on my truck that I'd like to have painted body color. Send me an email at: m_teague@hotmail.com.

-Mike-

Old 05-16-2003, 04:58 AM
dufunnel, you have any pictures?

Old 05-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Damoncaravanman
...I also added 22" wiper blades, easy cheap mod for better wipe on the windshield.
22" blades make a HUGE difference. Joe and I both have SILBLADES (www.silblades.com) which are Silicone wiper blades. They're EXCELLENT and guaranteed for 5 full years.

RP

Old 05-16-2003, 08:26 AM
don't tell my you guys are driving your KR's in the rain?

j/k

Old 05-16-2003, 01:08 PM
No pictures yet, they are still getting done. He has done the whole Sport Trac though and it turned out extremely well. I won't have pictures until the middle of June, as my wedding and honeymoon is this coming week and the next. I will be in Michigan all next week for the wedding then off to Fiji for the honeymoon. I will put pictures up as soon as I can get them in though. Have patience.

If you tell me what pieces you have, I can talk to him when I pick my stuff up and see what he says. He does not like being rushed though, as he does it for fun as he has time. He takes pride in his work and cannot be rushed. He will refuse to do it if you need it back in a few days.

Old 05-16-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by dufunnel
No pictures yet, they are still getting done. He has done the whole Sport Trac though and it turned out extremely well. I won't have pictures until the middle of June, as my wedding and honeymoon is this coming week and the next. I will be in Michigan all next week for the wedding then off to Fiji for the honeymoon. I will put pictures up as soon as I can get them in though. Have patience.

If you tell me what pieces you have, I can talk to him when I pick my stuff up and see what he says. He does not like being rushed though, as he does it for fun as he has time. He takes pride in his work and cannot be rushed. He will refuse to do it if you need it back in a few days.
Well congrats. on the wedding.

Also, thats good to hear he takes his time. We need more people like that!

Old 05-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Skagel
don't tell my you guys are driving your KR's in the rain?

j/k
Oh good grief...

RP

Quick Reply: KR antena base?