King Ranch

Audio input on 6-disc changer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry. Been away from the boards for about a week. Glad I could help, but I wish I'd have kept up with the thread. Installation was so easy, you could've done it yourself.

How does it work for ya?

Old 05-14-2003, 09:43 PM
Coilfrac,
I've had it in since last Friday and love it. The sound is indistinguishable from the CDs and I can change out the files any time I want. 2,000 tunes should hold me for a while, however.

As far as installation is concerned, paying someone to do a clean job in a couple of hours is worth it to me. Thanks again for the great tip on the part.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:13 PM
I want to do this exact setup.

Even thought it says it wont work for 2003 6-disc it still does?

Can you still use the cd player?

I will be on the phone with them in the mornin.

Thanks

SS

Old 07-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, SaddleSitting. We've been moving houses and haven't had the computer hooked up for a few days.
Yes, the product works with the 6-disc and yes, you can still play CDs.
You will love it.

Old 07-19-2004, 03:35 PM
I will place the order in a few minutes. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes. (piece of cake probably).

Make sure you call the electronics company about your commission check. LOL

Thanks

SS

Old 07-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Glad to be of help. I've talked everyone in my office and my wife into getting an iPod. Wouldn't drive without it!

This forum showed me the way to the KR/iPod hookup. Just passing on the great help given to me from the rest of the group

Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 AM
That looks like a pretty cool setup. I have a factory 6 disc changer in the console in my 02 KR. I changed out the HU and put in a 6 disc factory player. It controls the changer in my console.

Now you guys have me thinking I should ditch the factory console changer and get an IPOD.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:01 PM
ATTENTION

I bought the adapter from Logjam and installed it in no time. It fit and all wires were hooked up accordingly.

This device did not work for me. I made sure it was getting power and that it was properly grounded. No Luck. I messed with it for sometime and couldn't get it to work.

The radio came on and when I put a CD in it played but this adapter didnt come on or play what I had going to it. It gave me the NO CD message and I tried putting the CD in every single slot. Still no luck. I tried pressing CD while a cd was in and it just blinks then plays the CD.

I consider myself handy with electronics. I tested each Power wire and all was good.

I can't rule as to wether the product itself was bad or not. When I called P.I.E. tech they said I should have read the part about it not working with my vehicle. They offered no help based on this statement.

Did you guys do anything special or am I S.O.L.?

SS

2003 King Ranch With 6-disc indash cd player.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:41 AM
I didn't install mine, but when I plug my iPod into the mini-phono jack the CD button has to be pressed a second time to activate the jack allowing the iPod to play though the head unit. The screen should read either DJ or AUX. My truck is an '03 KR with the in-dash 6-disc.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmmmmmm...

Interesting thread. I assume the head unit assumes there is a second playback unit installed, and that's why the cd button is pressed twice to activate the iPod. This is how this head unit works in the Lightning: the second cd press activates the outboard CD player behind the pass. seat. Would like the iPod in the Lightning, but assume I would have to disconnect the outboard CD player.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Thumbs up

Just thought I would report that I just installed this in my 03 Lightning and everything worked fine. Very easy install, and the audio quality from my external devices sound great!

Quick Reply: Audio input on 6-disc changer.