King Ranch

7 inches last night.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 10:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 7 inches last night.....

Ok guys, get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talkin' snow here. We ended up with about 7 inches when it was all said and done early this morning. Had the KR in 4WD last night when we had about 5" on the ground already. Is this the best mother nature can throw at this truck? He didn't even break a sweat, although my butt did with the heated seat on, hehehe. Just wanted to let everyone know my KR is fine, just has a little salt and road grime on it now, (dammit). My wifes Escape actually did OK too! She loves that thing. Bought for her last July and she can't say enough about it. I'll take my truck. Anyway, KR is awesome and I'm glad I'm in the "club" now. Talk to ya' later guys and gals.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:57 AM
waite a minute...you say you have salt on your truck and he is ok.....oh no my friend he is not ok....the beginings of cancer......salt=cancer......FYI cancer is what I call rust.

j/k (well sorta)

glad you had fun and I admit I am a smidge jealous, but not jealous enought to take my baby out in the salt.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:11 AM
I agree with you Skagel about the salt. Unfortuantely it is a way of life in these parts during the winter. Believe me, it will be cleaned off VERY soon. That's why I never drove the Mustang during the winter months. Didn't want to get it dirty and salty. It sat for 6 months out of the year and made my decision a little (highlight Little) easier when I traded it in along with the Ranger for the KR. I guess I may be a little different with my toys (trucks) as I do use them as a trcuk sometimes. Had a full load of wood in the back of the Ranger the last weekend I had it. Now the new toy, I might have to be a little more cautious about the wood thing. Haven't decided if I'm going to put wood in him or not. That's why I'm having the spray in liner put in him, don't want to scratch the paint on the inside of the bed.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:15 AM
of you get a pray in go with linex and have it sprayed in beige....did mine and I love it.....also took the hitch off and had them spray that too.....wish I also would have taken off the tow hooks so they could do those too.....oh well, lesson learned, but you could do it and I would forever be jealous.

oh and BTW I do use my truck....abuse it some would say.....offroading.....just the sand dunes out on the western side of michigan......no mud yet....

hey you live in IL.....if Holland MI isn't to far you should join us in April....that way I won't be the only KR.

Last edited by Skagel; 03-05-2003 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:21 AM
I'll have to check on the linex spray in. I was looking at the Rhino. Don't know if someone locally does the Linex or not. Beige huh? Ever get dirty or grungy looking? That was a concern of mine. I was just gonna go with the black. I did see where you can get a beige plastic drop in from Ford for the KR's but I would prefer the spray in.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:24 AM
IL6fan....

Dude, do like your doing and have some fun... Granted I am not privildged to be in the "click" so my words may not mean a lot to ya...

I have to bite my tongue when I see all this crazed lunacy about cancer this and salt that.. You seem like to be more like I am and want to have *some* fun with your truck and enjoy it. You obviously didn't buy your truck so it can sit in the garage and be worshipped like a metal god or you wouldn't have taken it to begin with...

I look at it like this, do I want to be out in bad weather in my little sardine can honda or my 4x4 truck with a much greater degree of capability, safety and higher up... I only drive my Honda when the weather is decent, when it gets bad and safety is a concern, the truck is my ride of choice...

Granted you have one BEAUTIFUL truck as do all of us, but by God, drive the damn thing....

Later,

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 03-05-2003, 11:25 AM
well, it does get muddy and dirty, but just hose it down and scrub it off a bit and it is fine......I would think the black would show the dirt and grime more so then the beige....kinda like a beige truck versus a black one.

Old 03-05-2003, 11:46 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got the beige drop in and love it but, if it hadn't have come as a dealer installed option on my truck, I'd definately have the LINEX in Beige. I've personally seen Skagel's truck and it looks AWESOME. Plus, her recommendation on putting the Linex on the hitch and tow hooks is a sure thing. Don't neglect to do this. It looks killer. I actually called my local linex place and told them that if they ever did a beige liner and had some left-over that they didn't use for the spray to let me know and I'd be there in a drop of a hat so that they could do my hitch.

RP

Old 03-05-2003, 12:55 PM
AND DON'T FORGET THE TOW HOOKS!!!!

hey if you do go with the beige linex let me know.....I will have to talk you into letting me send you my tow hooks and pay for whatever it costs extra (plus shipping/handling of course) to have them do mine too.

Old 03-05-2003, 01:32 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by MikeF150
... and about that swamp land in Florida...
How many acres do you own? I got in on a pretty good deal a while back and bought some myself... talk about a STEAL!

RP

Old 03-05-2003, 01:47 PM
oh good grief....

ok fine, I know Tomas isn't an investment.....financial analyst remember......but I love him......it is a genetic thing.......it was how I was raised....I can't help myself and nor do I want to.....but I assure you in a couple more years Tomas will become my winter truck......about the same time my Hyundai dies, Ford has radio controls on the steering wheels in the SD and I can get a SD KR in a metallic white....ok fine I will settle for the estate green and name him Diesel 10.

Old 03-05-2003, 02:43 PM
I think we all love our trucks!

That is a given... I think there is that fine line where a straightjacket is necessary that some cross...

But then again, I can't fault a woman that loves trucks... Women like that are rare and quite a catch at that!

Kinda funny and a good time to tell this story- my Bro-in-law took my truck down this insane cutout trail this past weekend (I was in a blind at the time) when we went hunting to retrieve a hog that had been shot (250+ pounder - biggun!). Anyways, it was drizzling heavily and the hill country rocks were wet on a stairstep climb where the steps were a solid 12"+ each. I looked at it as we approached ( I was driving now) and said "I don't know if we are gonna make it up this based on the wetness" and also how slick the rocks were just walking it. Let me just say this, my truck kicked some serious *** and made it up *fairly* easily. To give you an idea, you literally could not walk up this without slipping or completely falling down..

After I made it up, my Bro-in-law even commented and said that I looked like a Ford Commercial and he followed that up with " I've just re-thought about getting that GMC Yukon 4x4 I've been wanting" - he currently has a 2x4 Screw with the 4.6...

Booyah! It's great having an awesome truck... I just need to get some better rubber on the girl... Like some BFG A/T KO's in 285! Then it'll really be rocking!

Later,

Chris (ReelWork)

Old 03-05-2003, 02:53 PM

Last edited by MikeF150; 01-07-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah, Mike...

WASH YOUR TRUCK! LOL

It's too pretty to wait 3 months between washing!

Quick Reply: 7 inches last night.....