Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

New member from The Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:32 PM
Location: Best - little town near Eindhoven - the Netherlands
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from The Netherlands

Hi to you all,
my name is Gabriel. We live in the south of the Netherlands in a small town called 'Best'.

I own a 2004 Lariat Crewcab since 2009. It has a LPG injection system and runs both on LPG and gasoline. Bought it knowingly with some problems, fixed some small things myself - the major things by a dealer.
Had to put a new motor in it in 2013 and a year later that one got a tensioner problem . I parked it for almost a year. No time - no money.
In that year I researched a lot the internet and fora. Got a lot of knowledge from here and together with my son (still in school for becoming a truck mechanic) started the repair. Parts ordered from Rock Auto & ebay. We also repaired the OverDrive - completely guided bij the posts we found here. It was fully operational again in sept '15. Since then we do all the maintainance and repairs ourselves. It is so nice to do this with your own son.

At the moment waiting for my new rotors to arrive so I can change them before our holiday trip to France next month.

Before the F150 I owned some other Americans: '92 Cherokee and a '98 Grand Cherokee (with the 5,9 ltr V8).

That about the 4-wheelers. We also own some 2 wheeled stuff:
2008 Fleetwood Sun Valley PopUp Camper. Imported myself and completely adapted to our (european) road legislation (new axel, new brakes, new roadlights and wiring). We even have a club over here with enthousiastic owners (check out www.popupclub.nl ).

Thats all for a short introduction now. I have some questions, but will post them in the right thread.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Welcome! It sounds like you will be able to help the owners on the forum with your experiences. There are some expert mechanics on this forum and some of us are just shadetree mechanics.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome! Good to have you here.