Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buyer Beware

Just wanted to share my experience with Ford. I have a 2011 F1050 that had early rust issues . Ford would not fix it due to no perforations. I let it go until right before the 5 year warranty ended and then had the dealer hit it with a grinder and they did find perorations so Ford agreed to fix it. They have had the truck for 4 months and there is no ETA on the part yet except for a LONG time. I have tried different ways to reach out to Ford including the consumer phone line , there online forms and I even emailed the CEO and I have not heard one thing from Ford. The truck is a Super Cab F150 and it need an inner rocker panel. The options that the dealer has given me are clean it up the best they can and seal it , or get a used part from down south from a wrecked truck , or trade it off. In fairness I really like the truck and I also like the dealer. I don't like FORD at all. They have done nothing to help period. The dealer gave me fairly good trade numbers and they said they will throw in a warranty but I am really having trouble wanting to give Ford a dime . I think its great that the dealer is willing to help but you would think Ford would at least acknowledge the problem, they won't Just looking for ideas before I make up my mind.

Signed Frustrated

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware