Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Chevy guy.... New to Ford

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:43 PM
CLT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy guy.... New to Ford

I have always been a Chevy guy for the 40 odd years I have been driving (I like my Canon cameras too ). But, my 05 Silverado crapped out a cam shaft mid week of a long camping trip. There I sat in Salmon Idaho and the only thing they had on the lot that fit the bill was a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost..... I have to say that I AM IMPRESSED. I didn't believe the sales manager when he told me that the little 3.5 V6 would pull my trailer sideways if I asked. I believe it now.

This one is loaded to the max (more gadgets than I have ever had before). It already has the tailgate camera feeding the center console display. I need to tap into the video line with a feed switch for the receiver of the wireless camera mounted to the back of my RV. It has been difficult to find the details around where the existing video cables run.

The closest I have found is a reference to a connector behind the driver kick plate and hood release. But there are 3 different connectors there and the colors I am seeing don't match the reference. Does anyone have a good explanation of which connector it is and which pins are the video signal wires?

Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome! Glad you like your Ford.

Old 10-07-2015, 04:45 AM
Good to hear how you got hooked with Ford addiction, welcome!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Welcome to Ford Country

That could be a touchy situation !! All these new gadgets run through a computer. The safest way to find it is going to your local Ford Dealer and ask a Mechanic to look in a wiring diagram which wire to go with. Please don't poke or prod any wires guessing. Being a retired ford man I can tell you if you pop one or more computers you may spend upwards of $1500.00 or more on repairs. But good choice I pull my Cab And Cruiser boat, 8800 pounds with my 3.5L V-6 ... I ordered mine with trailer tow options and have pulled 12,000 pounds of the rated 13,500 rated.

Originally Posted by CLT
I have always been a Chevy guy for the 40 odd years I have been driving (I like my Canon cameras too ). But, my 05 Silverado crapped out a cam shaft mid week of a long camping trip. There I sat in Salmon Idaho and the only thing they had on the lot that fit the bill was a 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost..... I have to say that I AM IMPRESSED. I didn't believe the sales manager when he told me that the little 3.5 V6 would pull my trailer sideways if I asked. I believe it now.

This one is loaded to the max (more gadgets than I have ever had before). It already has the tailgate camera feeding the center console display. I need to tap into the video line with a feed switch for the receiver of the wireless camera mounted to the back of my RV. It has been difficult to find the details around where the existing video cables run.

The closest I have found is a reference to a connector behind the driver kick plate and hood release. But there are 3 different connectors there and the colors I am seeing don't match the reference. Does anyone have a good explanation of which connector it is and which pins are the video signal wires?

Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Quick Reply: Chevy guy.... New to Ford