headliner leak

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headliner leak

I have noticed a leak on the back of my headliner. I tried tofix the problem by caulking around the third brake light, from the inside and outside, but it seems to have made it worse. Today it really came in. I got in my truck this morning, and the rear of the headliner was soaked, mostly on the passenger side, but there was some water appearing throughout the day all the way across the cab. What can I do to fix this? I have no idea what to do, and I am afraid that I am going to ruin my new Lightning seats, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-30-2002, 02:09 PM
I have a 1998 F-150 supercab Flareside. I am also having problems with leaking windows. I just noticed it last week with all the heavy rain. I now have to keep towels and Febreeze in my truck! It hasn't hit my headliner yet but from what I can tell it is coming in from the main seal between the window and the cab of the truck. It isn't the seal where the third light is. I haven't tried to fix it yet because it hasn't stopped raining. Once I have attempted and fixed my problem I will post what I did. Good luck with yours!

Old 10-30-2002, 02:16 PM
If you remove the headliner, you'll probably see that the gasket between the window and the frame has been pushed out. You might be able to use a silicone sealant, but the real fix is to remove the window and replace the gasket.

Old 10-30-2002, 08:32 PM
my 98 xcab had that happen this last summer.Leaked in the rear passenger side right off the crease on the roof. Took it to a local auto glass pros and they ordered a kit for the rear window. Next day went down there, left truck for 1 hr and they charged me 50 bucks. Fixed no leaks since
that leaky window has been a problem for most, especially sliding windows (mine isnt sliding) go to a good glass repair and theyll fix it.

Old 10-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to look at it this weekend sometime, do you all have an idea of where I could find this gasket, Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. or try Ford? Thanks again guys, I can always count on F150online.

Quick Reply: headliner leak