Seat Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Switch

I want to change my 60/40 split fronts in for some buckets and i

am wondering where i can find a place to purchase them for a

2002 F-150 If they are leather even better But not a must.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Anyone know where to get these bucket seats? Also will they fit

without drilling i was told that the bodies are all made the same

just X option might not be in y vehicle. Any truth to this?

Thanks

Old 07-03-2002, 10:58 AM
I found a palce that will upholster the seats but i need existing

buckets since they just basically recover the padding and all.

Thanks

Old 07-03-2002, 10:03 PM
I just installed Eagle trucker seats (sporty looking buckets) that I got through John's Trim Shop in Baytown, Texas. They are very much more comfortable than the factory seats i had (but, I had the flat bench in a '97 Ford) and can be ordered in a variety of coverings. They are made by Qualitex, and I would bet an Internet search could turn up a dealer for Qualitex seats in your area. It took two weeks for the order to come into the local shop, and the brackets Qualitex sent had to be returned twice until they sent the right ones.

However, the seats are very comfy and folks seemt o like the way they look, and they are very very itght (precise) fit in the cab. i am very pleased.

hope this helps-

Old 07-04-2002, 11:21 PM
I took a look at them and i found some that are like what im looking for. The problem i have mainly is in the 2002 the seat belts are built into the seat , the main reason i want buckets is because i want to install the expy style center console. I found a place that will put the leather on i just need the buckets now. I have searched online for them and I have even searched for some online junk yards dealing with newer vehicles. I just cant find any so for now i guess im stuck dreaming about this mod

Later

Old 07-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ascii,

You could do the Street Ricer or I mean racer seats, and put in a 5 point harness <g>

http://www.truckstuff.org/carseats/s..._car_seats.htm

Sorry I could nto resist, and you look like you need some cheering up, due to your mod being delayed....

On a serious note, have you thought about some seats that don't look quite so "coffe can muffler" look, and go with an after market 4 point or 5 point from Simpson ?

This might be getting a little drastic, but it might still be cheaper then the cost of the seats via fordpartsonline.com ?

I can troll the junk yard up here, if you give me some info on year ( range ) and the likes if you want.

I can snap a pic, and get a shipping estimate if you want.

Just thought I would try to help out.

sms

Old 07-05-2002, 02:55 PM
i have a 2002 i dont want to get anything that looks abnormal my family rides in this thing too hah. that would be cool if you could look around when there for me im not sure if anyother year has the seatbelt in the seat so i would guess the only range is 2002 =[
thanks again

Trending Topics

Old 07-05-2002, 05:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kind of tough, but I'll try.

2002 SCAB, Cap. chairs.

If they are in good shape you wanted leather ?

If I find something I'll get a price and shipping est, along with a digital pic and drop you an email.

I'll try to stick with Cloth, as you want to re-cover them.

sms

Old 07-05-2002, 05:20 PM
yes i was thinking of getting them redone since i hear that "Ford Leather" is garbage. So i figured id get them covered with the catskinz.com stuff and thanks again for your help the yards around here new to them is a 1994 and i know the new vehicles have to go somewhere but i havent seen any anywhere =\
my email is vertp@aol.com

Thanks again

Old 07-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I'm in the same posistion you are. Instead of paying a rediculous amount of money just to install the expy console, I'm doing what the Lightning guys have done. Do a search for bucket seat conversion in the Lightning forum. Basically, you turn your passenger side seat into a bucket by modifying the seat cushion. I just picked up my expy console, now all I need to get are the seat supports and the mounting hardware for the console.

Old 07-06-2002, 04:18 PM
Where did you get your console and if you dont mind me asking

how much did you get it for? I have searched the forums and this

mod seems like a good alternative almost cheaper than buying

new seats. tampasvt has helped me on where to get it done at

and part numbers i will need.

Thanks

Old 07-07-2002, 09:28 PM
I got my console from an auto wrecker in my area. I exhausted all of the other sources, such as LWM, and even called all of the companies I could find that customized Ford interiors.

The console I ended up getting from the wrecker is not in as good of shape as the a take out console would have been, but it looks fine on the outside and will serve it's purpose wonderfully.

I located the console using this website, which put me in touch with the lot nearest me that had the part I was looking for.

I'm just waiting on the parts for the seat now, and I need to go find some replacement hardware for my console as the yard that had it removed all the fasteners for some unknown reason

Quick Reply: Seat Switch