Carpet cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Carpet cleaning

What does everyone use for carpet cleaning? I want something easy but something that works without leaving a odor. I've had that problem with other cars I've had. Some seem to smell forever. Just have general dirt and maybe a little oily spot nothing real major. Thanks

Old 04-24-2002, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use ProWax Heavy Duty Interior Cleaner. For floor mats I mix it really strong in a 1:10 ratio. I think spray it on and scrub the mat with a brush. Some people the blot the floormats with a towel but I usually pull them out of the vehicle and hose them down.

For the carpets in the car I mix it about at a 1:20 ratio (since they usually aren't as dirty) then scrub them with a brush. I'll then blot those well with a towel.

For oil stains I put some Pro-Sol on it and then scrub it with the Heavy Duty interior cleaner.

Also, Prestone Carpet cleaner is excellent. It leaves a chemical smell but it goes away after a day or two.

Old 04-25-2002, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use a cleaner that is mainly for house carpet but it works really well with automotive carpet. I cant remember the name but it comes in a blue can--last I knew it wasnt sold anymore though

Quick Reply: Carpet cleaning