Leaking sliding window/F150 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking sliding window/F150 4x4

I have a 1997 Ford F150 4x4 with the sliding glass window in the back. Every time it rains, water drips down into the interior. The water seems to be coming from around the body weld above the window but may be coming in from the top window track. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you figure out exactly where the water was coming in and how did you repair it?

Old 01-30-2002, 09:54 PM
It is coming from the bolts not being thight enough on the window seal.Be very careful but if you peel back the head liner you will see 3 or 4 gold nuts atatching the window to the frame slowly tighten them up a little and see if it stops, if not keep tightening them some more.
I had the same problem with my 97' F150 4x4 supercab longbed and it fixed the problem.

Old 02-12-2002, 10:15 PM
F-150 4x4 with sliding window leak

I also have this problem, had it fixed once. It is leaking again, talked to glass co. was told only way to fix permanently is to replace whole window unit. There is a service bulletin dated Jan. 2001 no. 01111. This is a design flaw, call Ford and give them heck. I am in the process now.

Old 02-19-2002, 04:01 PM
Smile Sliding Window Leak

I also had the leak. Tightened the window bolts, slowed it down but did not correct the problem. Bought the truck used and it was out of warranty. Called glass company and they said window was a composite unit and gasket replacement would run 100$. To reseal around window would be 50$. I resealed around the window and stopped the leak myself with silicone sealant. Note you have to make a nozzle that will get into the window crack. I used a piece of flexible hose to get the silicone where it needed to go. Good luck. Yes it is a design flaw in the window and the gasket is a piece of poop!!

Old 03-05-2002, 08:42 PM
I also currently have the problem with my 98. I was told by the glass company I took it to that there were 5 cracks in the frame of the window. They showed them to me. Have to replace the entire window. I'm going to check out that about post with the article to take to Ford. I'm going to try to get them to replace the window.

Quick Reply: Leaking sliding window/F150 4x4