Front Split Bench w/ Fold-down Console

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Split Bench w/ Fold-down Console

I love my 2015 Screw 5.0. That said the cloth interior has taken a beating and will probably recover with leather. When I do, is there a way to either remove the headrest on the fold-down console OR change the front configuration? The headrest is always in the way. Thanks

Old 01-17-2021, 07:17 PM
I Also came to this forum looking for information about changing the configuration of "Front Split Bench w/ Fold-down Console". And this was the top post in the forum, So I replied.

So far I have seen that that a replacement seat of the OEM used variety is not extremely expensive. Less than $150 dollars. So there must be a lot of people changing their center seat out, and selling the old one on eBay..
Then you can replace with a new or used OEM style center console from the more expensive F150 trim levels called the "Flow Through" console, This has the center shifter, you just remove the shifter from the console and put a tray in it's place. That appears to be $1000 and up, with about a 4 hour install, but does not appear terribly difficult to do. It has HVAC vents and power ports for the back seat.
And I have seen for sale new replacement consoles for police-type usage or gun storage. $250 and up.

None of these options appear to fit my needs. Are there others?

The problem with removing the headrest from the existing fold-up seat is that it no longer qualifies as a seat, for safety regulations. You gotta have either a seat with a full head rest, or a console.

Last edited by delusional; 01-17-2021 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:56 PM
Something I found elsewhere. pasted here

I removed mine when I installed Wet Okole seat covers. To remove it all you have to do is feel in between the top of the center console/set back where the head rest attaches there are two posts that come from the head rest, these go into the center console/seat back.There are two plastic pieces attached to the console seat back that the two rods go through. On the drives seat of each of these is spring loaded push it in and tug on the head rest and it will come straight up and you can lift it off!
It may take two people to do it but it comes off.

Quick Reply: Front Split Bench w/ Fold-down Console