full interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
full interior swap

hi guys, my first post after spending years following this site.

ive searched long and hard and only have come up short

my dog has forced me to replace my interior. its a long story (use your imagination) but ends with me having my passengers sitting on towels, and me staring at an airbag light.

i was going to get a katzkin interior when it was still salvageable but we are beyond that. the cheapest option was piecing together seats from a salvage company. but not knowing the quality or color i would still have to get the seats recovered and prey the plastic on the sides matched.

anywho i have bought a complete interior from a lariat i think with 53k for 1200+300sh. with the set is gauge surround, door panels, front and rear seats and center console with shifter.

i am aware of the difficulty of the console swap as my truck has the column shifter. but i is there anything i need to do or have to get? i have searched endlessly for months on this but only found the same questions

also these newer seats have factory heat and memory with power. is this plug and play where all i need to do is get the switch set?

i know the difficulty of the swap and have purchased a regular center console just in case.

what i cannot use i will be turning around and selling. the interior is all black whereas mine is Lt parchment (tan) so the color change will be dramatic

Old 11-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year and trim level might help get suggestions? Your sig has both an 05 and an 08. Btw, welcome to the site!

Old 11-27-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just throwing an idea out there, for the front seats, you might be able to switch mounts/tracks and keep the manual ones from your XLT. Unless you want the power. I'd like to get Katzkin or swap seats eventually, but I want to keep everything manual.

I'd think the console will go in fine because you have a column shift, it'll just look goofy. It'd be complicated the other way around. My buddy has a Harley Davidson interior in his 2012 XLT screw and the console went in fine. If you really wanted to go the whole nine yards, you can convert it to console shift . . .

Quick Reply: full interior swap