Patch cigarette burn

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patch cigarette burn

The guy I purchased my truck from was a smoker and really wreaked havoc on the driver’s seat. There were multiple cigarette burn holes with one of them being quite large (about the size of a dime and pretty deep). I really want some Wet Okole, but don’t want to pony up the cash right now. So, this weekend I decided to try to patch them. Here’s what I did….

1. Cleaned the wound
2. Shredded some seat cushion foam to fill the odd shape of the cavity. I filled it almost level with the top of the seat. I added some super glue as I was putting the foam in the hole to keep it in place.
3. I cut a small piece of seat fabric from the underside of the middle jumper seat.
4. I trimmed this into a ‘plug’ that fit the burn hole.
5. Once I had it cut to size, I super glued the ‘plug’ into place.
6. I also added a small ring of glue around the edge to prevent fraying. This doesn’t look the best and could probably be achieved another way such as sewing, but it’s not too bad.

I think it turned out OK, definitely looks better than the gapping cigarette burn!

I also patched a smaller hole using a similar method, just without the additional foam padding. There were a couple other tiny holes that I mended with a couple of stitches.

Before:

After:

Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Nice job!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Sweet can barley notice it now! Hats off to u

Quick Reply: Patch cigarette burn