Interior overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior overhaul

I am in the planning stage of an interior mod.

I am planning to redo the entire interior from the ground up.

New carpet, dark flint (two tone seat fabric), Touch screen/Navigation head unit, sub woofer, amp, speakers, sound proofing, etc.

I need some simple suggestions:

First of all, sound proofing, what is your recommended product?

Secondly, anyone have any decent shape dark flint seat fabric for a supercab 04-08? Its pretty expensive from the factory

Thirdly, black carpet or grey carpet?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ebay is going to be the best place to find seat covers. Are you set on OEM covers? You can get some custom Wet Okole seat covers that fit great for a decent price. When I redid the seats in my old STX I found my OEM seat covers in the classifieds on this site.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd prefer to go OEM. I have found plenty of the ones that are the same as mine on ebay. I am looking for the dark flint two tone's, to replace my plain flint covers. Had those in my old truck, and the fabric was nicer and much easier to keep clean.

Now, the aftermarket ones you're talking about, are they replacements or just slip over the current fabric?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They slip over the old ones.

Just a warning, swapping out covers is no easy task. Make sure you have atleast a day or so to get it done. They can be a real PIA. Be careful of the weight sensor in the passanger seat. It's under the foam, it looks like a flat plastic bag that is partially inflatted with air. If you mess with it, even by accident, it wont turn the airbags off/on at the appropriate weight.

Quick Reply: Interior overhaul