Pedals getting worn...replacement options?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pedals getting worn...replacement options?

My 2001 F-150 5-speed brake and e-brake pedals are fairly worn, but the clutch could use one as well. May as well do the accelerator while I'm at it.

...what are my options? Can the rubber covers be ordered from a stealership / online? Are there any Harley / Lightning factory parts? Decent aftermarket that is 100% slip proof? How does the accelerator pedal attach? Thanks!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm not sure about all three pedals but if memory serves the e-brake rubber just snaps off. I remember this cause Patman and I removed my original pedals and installed a set of Harley adjustable pedals. For the brake and accelerator we swapped the entire pedal assemblies, but decided there was no need to do the e-brake. To make the pedals match, we just popped the rubber off the e-brake and replaced it with the Harley rubber.

You might want to look up Patman's thread on te install of the adjustable pedals - there are some pics there that might help. And, I've still got my original (non-Harley) pedal assemblies. I'll check on the quality of the rubber tomorrow and let you know in case you're interested in either the assemblies or just the rubber. (I seem to recall the brake pedal might have been a bit worn?)

Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
The thread by Patman is "04-08 Manual to Power pedals." Some good pics there showing removal, replacement of accelerator pedal.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

on my 98 the rubbers snap on. i swapped my brake and clutch pedal ones since they were wearing on one side each.

not sure what to do about new ones

Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by Smokin Lariat
I'm not sure about all three pedals but if memory serves the e-brake rubber just snaps off. I remember this cause Patman and I removed my original pedals and installed a set of Harley adjustable pedals. For the brake and accelerator we swapped the entire pedal assemblies, but decided there was no need to do the e-brake. To make the pedals match, we just popped the rubber off the e-brake and replaced it with the Harley rubber.

You might want to look up Patman's thread on te install of the adjustable pedals - there are some pics there that might help. And, I've still got my original (non-Harley) pedal assemblies. I'll check on the quality of the rubber tomorrow and let you know in case you're interested in either the assemblies or just the rubber. (I seem to recall the brake pedal might have been a bit worn?)
Thanks man, but I need 97-04 info.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Every one I'v seen the pedal covers just pry off..we replace them all the time on our fleet vehicles..except for the accelerator..that your gonna have to either order fron the dealer of put on of those after market kits on.They make some nice after markets.
I had a old school barefoot pedal on mind for a while..I'v had it on my cars and trucks for the last....damn things going on 20 yrs old now that I do the math.But I took it off when i got my dune buggy and put it on it..Looks at home on it. But all the auto stores sell covers in billet aluminum with everything from ford logos to diamond plate.Dont know about the e-brk but they have kits with the brake,clutch and gas pedals.

Last edited by posttal; 12-12-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Pedals getting worn...replacement options?