Dye for Dashboard Color prob

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dye for Dashboard Color prob

Ok I have a faded spot on my dash right above the glove box and under the airbag passenger side of course.. You can see black up under the dye.. Now my interior color says AO on the door sticker but thats not right.. My dash and door panels are almost 2 tone , Light Beige and Darker beige.. The ford place couldn't tell what the heck color it is either so now what.. Can companies color match dye.. The color I need is like a real light tan beige color ...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Go to an automotive paint store and check out the SEM color coat paints. They are very
close to the original colors. I painted parts of my dash on my '99, which is gray. The color that was closest to mine is off just a shade, barely noticeable. I figured due to age
and uv rays the original color has changed some. This paint is really great and easy to use, dries very fast, covers really great. It is a little pricey though, cost me about $13 a
can. I believe one can could paint a whole dash.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks I will give it a try ... I may end up having to do the whole plastic part so it will match...

Quick Reply: Dye for Dashboard Color prob